News | 0.28

News♛

News

Morning brought with it singing birds that danced around the hospital wing tower. Their song awoke Bambi out of her deep slumber, a smile on her face. Positivity absolutely radiated off her. Cheerfully, she spoke with Madame Pomfrey, happy to having a solid meal for once. Pancakes with blueberry, she devoured it. With her belly full Bambi rested, reading a book to her side, making a mental note to write to the Winters. Dumbledore informed her that for years Eliott and Alex knew, in fact being close friends with Rose in Hogwarts. It sent a warmth down her knowing that they did all they could to raise their friends child. Bambi would always have them within her heart.

Life was a bliss within the bounds of the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey had declared her visitors only this morning which would suggest Stevie would be running in soon enough. Correct, Stevie panted, bent over clutching her knees. It was indeed a steep climb. Frankie followed shortly after with Cedric, cursing Stevie for her short legs. They stopped bickering soon as Frankie's eyes landed upon the bed in the corner where Bambi sat waving. They raced over, pulling along chairs.

"You owe me one hell of a good explanation Bambi or I swear I will never be friends with you again." Stevie exclaimed, instead of taking Cedric offer of a chair, hoped into place next to Bambi. "Leaving me to run around chasing professor while your getting attacked! There only so much my little heart can cope.

Bambi shifted over allowing her some room, smiling around them all. "Sorry you had to run Stevie but I was kinda going through something." A playful push between them.

"We're just glad your okay," Cedric reassured, "They told us you should have been dead, but you merely escaped with a broken leg."

They all silence, smile faltering slightly. After the whole excitement of her parents, she simply forgotten about the attack and how it left her. Her leg pained every time she moved it, and it would only take weeks for it to heal. She came off lucky. Her words were considered before she spoke, not wanting to worry them further. "Just got strong bone I guess."

They didn't laugh. Frankie rested one of his dark skin hands against her own pale one. "Dumbledore - He told us that something has changed now. That if you choose to, you'll tell us."

"We don't want to force you," Cedric chimed. Yet, Bambi looked next to her where Stevie sat. It was rare for the bubbly girl to frown , even more rare for her to cry. Never would she hide something like this from her friends.

"I was attacked by someone Dumbledore is investigating in... along with my mother." There heads pricked up, "she was here only a couple of nights ago and - and she told me everything." The words were such a struggle to piece, how does one tell someone this.