Life | 0.34

Life♛

Life

At first, the yellow  glow was dim enough only those around could see. Bambi could hear the gasp of Mrs Diggory in her husband arms as they all watched it grow. Brighter and brighter it went, before it became blindingly, its gold auras bouncing of the stadium. Bambi cheeks were wet as she sniffled in a breath, Rose's grip around her loosen as she slowly walked back over to Cedric body. Bending to her knees, her pale hands hoovered over his pocket before diving in and grabbing out Bambi crystal. She turned, mouth wide and eyes full of shock straight at Bambi who's heart skipped a beat. 

Cedric sucked in a heavy breath. Coughing as he shouldered lurched forward, startling Stevie who back away. Cedric was panting hard, rubbing his palm against his chest. He eyes were bloodshot and skin still pale, but there he was, breathing. His chest was moving up and down in sync as beating hearts returned to Bambi. Before people could hurry over, Cedric eyes hurried around, landing straight onto Stevie who knelt at his side. Instantly, he wrapped his arms around her torso, crying within her shoulders.

"Cedric!" Stevie cried along with him, her voice full of disbelief, "You're - you were" she didn't finished her sentence, but simply rest her head on top of his.

Bambi body felt like absolute jelly, her own shoulder rising up and down as more tears fell. Her eyes fell upon the crystal in Rose hand and then straight to Cedric now moving body. Her heart started racing and palms growing more sweaty. Mouth drying, she closed before gaping again as the scene unfolded. Cedric was alive. Breathing.

Cedric and Stevie cries slowed, leaning on the other foreheads as they smiled weakly, before meekly laughing. Both their eyes were glossed over as they turned to where Bambi now stood feeling faint. A single tear fell to the ground as Cedric outstretched an arm for her, which she immediately collapsed into. Frankie following suit and their now cries of joys erupted the crowds into cheers. Surrounded by one another, Cedric spoke so quietly only them could hear. His voice was broken and cracked, weakly recovering. "It saved me Bambi."she pulled back to an all so serious and relief express. "Your crystal. You snuck it into my pocket and when -" he choked, a look of fear spreading. "When Voldemort sent the killing curse - it - it glowed. Like it does now and I felt myself die." Frankie couldn't bare to look at them, hiding his face into Stevie shoulder. "It was as if I was floating, looking down at my own body. Airy like. Yet, I felt my blood pulsing through me and I could hear my ringing heart." Quickening words as Dumbledore now hurried over with Fudge, blocking of the press. "I knew I was still alive. When Harry brought me back, I heard it all." Stevie and him now locked eyes, "I heard your screams." He grabbed her hand, wrapping his fingers through hers, "I felt your touch as you pulled me into you. It was the first sense of warmth since and it jolted me... alive. It was hard, it was like pushing through an invisible wall, but I did it."

Bambi mouth was trembling, more tears catching into her lap. She had no words and nor couldn't speak as Dumbledore hands rested on her shoulders. Looking up, Dumbledore had sympathy in his eyes while he nudged his head to where Rose sat on a bench clutching her crystal in her hands, staring intensely. Smiling weakly at Cedric as his parents helped him to his feat, Bambi walked over, wiping her eyes. Her cheeks burned as she watched Professor Moody drag a horrified Harry away and a leap of her heart had her near following, but Rose voice quivered. "I don't understand." Bambi fell next to her on the bench. "How did this," she passed the crystal to Bambi as it yellow light dimmed down. "Saved that poor boy. Never have I heard of such thing in our family, Bambi." She rubbed at her temple, "I wish your Grandfather was here to help." Bambi's held Rose's hand who welcome the light confront. Slowly, her head then rose up, a realisation hitting her. She stood abruptly, whirling around to where Bambi stared eye wide. "Your Grandfather!"

Bambi voice was weak from her screams, burning at the throat. "I don't get it."

Rose face was now lit up. "I have a portrait of him back at the castle," her eyes wondered across the ground hastily, "I've covered it for years - not able to bear it." She slumped back onto the bench, sighing deeply, "If we can ask him, he may be able to help."

Bambi head pounded, recovering from her once paused body to now hurried thoughts. Everything returned in sharp stabs. "Do - do you think it could work." Cedric was pulled onto a floating stretcher that the many healers that now surrounded him conjured. Stevie and Frankie helped him to his feats, while he parents continued to cry, yet smiled covered them.

Rose watched Bambi gaze, pulling her to her side, "Maybe, but this is going to be a long journey into discovering the true powers of you're crystal" her voice became more hushed and Bambi had to double take on what she said next. "And it seems your powers." She simply didn't react. Allowing it all to absorb her. New magic haunting her, her best friends back from the dead and now the mention of Voldemort back. It had her weak at the knees.

Gaze not faulting, despite the words Rose spoke, Bambi watched as Stevie walked alongside the stretcher, hand in hand with him. It was that moment when Bambi realised what was coming for them. This would not be the last time she would watch her friend be carried away. It sent hollow waves down her body, stiffing. Bambi close her eyes. "I'm ready. Whatever comes I'll be ready for it."

Rose was silent for a second. "Are you sure." It wasn't a question, but a demanding statement Rose needed before she could allow her only daughter to meet the horrors the world provided. Bambi nodded. "Okay then," he stood up straight, brushing down the first on her knees. Outstretched hand she smiled, "let start" and Bambi stood, shoulders high, eyes now clear as she took her hand, walking to where the press now hurried over. Rita Skeeter leading the trail. The first screams of them calling her Princess and Rose Queen would forever haunt her....

Bambi mind was in a whirlpool of pain as soon as Rose dragged her away at the mention of the occurrence with Harry. Professor Flitwick had informed them while reporters crowded them, quite frankly overwhelming Bambi with pain. Hearing Barty Crouch had been Mad eye Moody all along was the breaking point. She shut off completely, allowing Rose to drag them along to Dumbledore office. Sirius was there, embracing the two as soon as they walked through the door. He hastily kissed Rose on the leap, kissing Bambi forehead when he reached her. "I heard what happened" he breathed, knowing not to question further when Rose shook her head, exhausted.

"Where's Harry." Bambi simply asked, face dropped in worry.

Sirius moved a strand of his bushy hair away from his face, "Dumbledore should be here with him any moment." Soon as he finished, the door slammed open, Dumbledore hurried in with Harry weakly walking behind him. His eyes wondered along the room. Halting on Bambi. Look of exhausted and pain was readable on every inch of him. It was unknowing steps that had heard racing straight to him, jumping into his arms as he buried his head into her thick hair. How long they stood there for they didn't know. Dumbledore was heard explaining it all to Rose and Sirius but all the two could do was comfort the others pain.

Eventually, they pulled apart, a single tear falling down Harry eye. "Cedric is he okay?" She meekly nodded. No response but a weak smile, they walked over to where the others sat, crowded in hushed conversation. As they sat, Sirius and Rose pulled Harry into their own comforting hug. Soon, Dumbledore then asked with great care for Harry to explain it all. It was all a blur to Bambi, listening to how Peter Pettigrew was amongst them, to how Voldermort was reborn was none comparable to hearing how Cedric laid dead for mere moments. She was grateful when Sirius broke the conversation talking about the connection of Harry;s and Voldermorts wand.

Silence soon fell upon them again, allowing the information to gather and settle. She merged expected it when Dumbledore turned to her, "you hid your crystal in Mr Diggory's pocket because you had a bad sense."

Nodding, "it was that dream. One I had glimpses Cedric uniform all I could be reminded off was that. It was as if my body took control when I hid it."

He hummed in response turning to Rose who stared worryingly at Bambi back. "When we are to return to the castle I mean to go and ask my father if he knows of such magic before. Bambi saved that poor boy by a dream she had and used the crystal in doing so. "

Dumbledore nodded silently, "Yes, you both have been incredibly brave tonight, as has others. I'm sure they are among those who wait for your return in the hospital wing."