Woods | 0.24

Woods♛

Woods

Lost for words, Bambi simply wondered off without a word to anyone. As she walked, her attention was focused on the parchment in her hands. Father. Her heart was in her mouth the whole time as she sank in between the forbidden forest trees. Around her, the warm light quickly turned somber and cold. As if the three were howling, beckoning her to go deeper, she did, finding a small grassy opening where she could sit. She sat against an ageing tree, it's bark and moss crumbling down at her touch.

Hands trembling, she folded over the envelope which held her future... and past. It was cool against her touch, sliding across her palm to reveal cursive writing breaming the edges. Eyes blurring, she wiped at them, turning to full embrace herself.

"Dear Bambi,
Where do I begin? I'm sorry that you haven't heard from me or your mother in the years you have grown. Often, I imagine what you would now look like. Rose always suggested you would follow her genes, but I like to think you're more like me. Thick black untamed hair? Blue eyes? Properly pale in skin as if your a hidden vampire. Hopefully, you have your mother's personality. Bright, intelligent, loving, caring, God I could go on forever. I pray you are no where as Naive as I was. Year I suppose you had never known my name. Dumbledore ensured of that. You was never ready and we didn't know when the time would come. Times are changing now thought, Bambi. Please be mindful in the fact that what you may have heard, is completely untrue. My name is Sirius Black.

If all has gone good, you haven't torn this letter up and still reading. The night me and your mother were force to leave you, we was in a great deal of pain. Our closest friends had passed away at the hands of you-know-who and I could only grow suspicion of another friend. Peter Pettigrew, the rat he is. If you ever see a rat keep an eye on its toes! That night it was implicated it was me who betrayed Lilly and James Potter. I would go down in hell if I was to ever betray them! Peter Pettigrew worked for him! Him who had given away their hiding, him who told them where to find you and your mother! I must not explain more, as it's ones for the voice to announce, but Bambi I would never betray any of those I love.

Your Mother and I have been apart ever since and it broke me down every day. To see my family crumpling down is the worst thing to happen to a husband and father. The only thing getting us through was Dumbledore monthly updates on your life. He still hides your Hogwarts house from us so I wish to know immediately! I must go now, a bloody parrot is at my ear none stop! Promise I will write again soon and I hope you may too. Stay safe my Bambi, and know I forever Love you.

Your loving Father,
Sirius Black.

The echoing of her heart beat within her ears was the only to be heard. Her mind was blank and her body cold, she stared into the distance. For a moment, she simply thought of nothing, allowing peace to enclose her. Sirius Black, what was known as a cold blooded murder was her father and at that fact innocent. There was a sense of a newly lit spark within her, as her life began to click into place. Immediately, she believed him, trusting that Dumbledore had so far been right with everything. What had shocked her further was the fact her father was going through the end of the world and back. Losing his best friends, wife, future and herself, how could her aching heart cope.

Life was settling back in, the sounds of trees rustling sent her out of her trance. The tears that had slid down her face now fell onto the ground as she stood. How could she continue on knowing that while she was happily growing up her parents had been aching for years? Another tear, slowly feel across her cheeks and she sniffled, wiping it away. Blocking her vision for a mere moment, Bambi was clueless to the growing red glow and a hand grabbing out for her. Once she opened her eyes, her screams echoed across the trees as she was dragged back down into a bush...

Harry's P.O.V

Harry had lost count of how many people clapped him on the back to congratulate him as he walked off the bridge. By now, the crowds had dispersed and the judges had informed the champions of the third and final task. Harry felt a mixture of joy and unease when it was announced only one more task stood before him. Hermione and Ron had joined him in his relief for this, confirming there were near to a heart attack. Cedric had soon joined him, along with Stevie and Frankie, to congratulate and speak of his own relief. It surprised him that Bambi was not around. She was first face he looked for as soon as he emerged from the water. There she was waiting for him at the bridge; he had only heard her cheers as he swam back.

Stevie had tapped him on the shoulder, appearing to be thinking the same as himself. The look of near worry struck him hard as she admitted to her disappearing. That sank his joy down. Between the two, they ensured that immediately they would scout her out. The others had wanted to join, but were brushed off by Stevie near believable reassurance. Only Harry could tell that panic was laced through her words. So, While they walked back up the hills the two turned nearing the forbidden forest.

Difficulty emerged when they had no clue where Bambi had last wondered off too. The sun had dried up the ground so footprints were out of the picture. They were close to giving up, believing she had returned back to the Hufflepuff dorm room when a faint scream had them stopping dead. They stood for a mere second before Harry was sprinting straight into the woods, calling out to Stevie to get help. Stevie was close faint as she hurried to the professors.

Her back was stinging with blinding pain as she was shoved against the tree once more. The sharp barks of the tree stabbing at her sides, began drawing blood. Her screams were ringing within her ears as the hooded figure drew their mouth to her. Their force were one of horrors as it whispered,"We have been looking for you?" Panting through the pain, Bambi tried to free her arms, but the tight grip of their hold, tightened further. They laughed at her poor attempt. Blood dripped down her forehead as she watched the figure raise their hand close to her face.

She squeezed her eye, bracing for the blow but it didn't come. Instead, they went to cup the crystal hanging from her neck. She was sure she could feel the wicked grin radiating off the figure as it's fingers near graced the silver wiring. The red glow had shimmered across the faces, pulsing brighter than before. Finally, the figure went to grab the crystal but immediately pulled back with a hiss. They let go of her arms, stumbling back, staring down at their now exposed fingers. The crystal had burned through their gloves.

Bambi took the opportunity, not allowing herself to be distracted once more. She leaped out across the tree line, sprinting as fast as she could, but her now injured leg drew her back. A monstrous laugh echoed around her as almost suddenly the hooded figure appeared in-front of her. Shock hit her, as the figure grabbed them, dragging them down into the mossy grass. As they both fell, Bambi hands ripped out into the air, catching onto the fabric that hit their face. A chill chimed down her as a deep purple eye stared back at her and only that.

"BAMBI!" They both turned, to see Harry sprinting across the tree, pushing himself up as he stumbled on the wet grass. His eyes were burning on her and the figure and she could feel a sense of hope shock her.

He edged closer while the figure grabbed her face, covering it exposed eye. Their voice purred into her ear as they said, "See you soon again... your highness." A long haunting laughed echoed as a weight lifted off Bambi body, and the figured disappeared. Harry reached her, skidding to knee at her side. Attempting to sit her up, Bambi simply stared at where the figure once was, repeating what is said.

Highness.