Muffins | 0.13

Muffins♛HER HEART felt like it was about to burst out of her rib-cage and splatter onto the ground in front of her and Dumbledore

Muffins

HER HEART felt like it was about to burst out of her rib-cage and splatter onto the ground in front of her and Dumbledore. She could hear the echoing beats all around her bodies like ticking time bomb. Rarely she spoke about her parents; through thinking about them was different. Every single passing day her parents would wander into her mind at any given moment. In her mind, she had a clear image of the two. Her mother would have her thick black curls just like she did. Then she would have gotten her blue eyes from her father who she liked to image won her mother over. In her imagination, she looked more like her mother: small yet tall enough and pale but not deathly. Her personality would mostly be her father: Stubborn but understanding, caring and also loyal. In her mind, they were the perfect family.

Don't get her wrong, Bambi loved her family, the Winters. They were all she could hope and wish for. When she had been left on their doorstep they had accepted her as their own and she was. She knew it was her mother herself who had chosen the Winters from the letter she had left tuck inside her blanket. She had been ten when Anastasia and Elliott handed it over to her the night of her birthday. They had stoked her hair leaving a single kiss on her forehead before leaving her alone.

She had read that letter over and over again that entire night. Not much was said in the letter, merely three sentences: My beloved daughter Bambi. One day you will understand mine and your father's reasoning behind leaving you. Just know we will forever love you no matter how far we are all apart. Down back in her dorms that very same letter was tucked neatly behind a pair of jumpers; ready for whenever she needed it.

"Yes, your parents," Dumbledore answered after what felt like decades.Sinking into her chair, Bambi eyes couldn't set upon anything as they raced around frantically. This was it.

Dumbledore spoke folding his hand out in front, " I believe the night you were to begin residing in the Winters household you were left with only two objects apart from yourself."

Her eyes finally stopped and rested on the outskirts of the oak desk. She questioned herself if Dumbledore had simply just read her mind, figuring out that the letter and necklace were the objects he spoke of.

"the letter you receive is now kept safe in your dorms," her eyes sparkled with curiosity and Dumbledore smiled, "It's from your mother as you already know. Though I must inform you, I myself told was there when she wrote."

The curiosity in Bambi's eyes continued to grow deeper. The questions she had formed in her head for many years where being answered on this very moment. Her mind became overload with information she couldn't even respond to Dumbledore's words; so he continued. "Fourteen years ago I stood with your mother as she made one of the most difficult decisions of her life. She had to act quickly on what time she was given so I urged her in her choice. She never wanted to leave you but in the end, it became her only option so I watched from afar as she let you go."

"You-you were there that night?" she chocked, not really knowing she was speaking at all.

"No," he answered, "I instead was setting up a safe place for where your mother could gather her thoughts and decide what to do next. All I know is when she returned you were no longer in her arms and one of her crystals were missing."

"You mean my necklace used to belong to her?" His mouth opened to speak but voiced nothing. He stared at her almost contemplating what to say next, if Bambi would be able to understand yet know. "She never wore that one. But she herself owns one very much alike to your own. Yet hers never glowed like your own did Bambi."

Bambi face scrunched up, finally letting her confusion and emotions show, "I'm sorry sir, I still don't understand. What is the significance of the glow? Why is it odd it doesn't replicate my mothers own?"

slowly down her soon to begin ramble, "That myself I do not understand too, Miss Winters. It is why I would like to observe the crystal -" Before he could even finish, Bambi's hands latched on her necklace; gripping it so tight white began to form in her knuckles. "I do not wish to take your necklace from you " he reassured not missing the look in her eye, "all I ask is that when anything ... odd occurs you inform me."

Her eyes traveled down to where the crystal now resided in her left palm. Her mother was somewhere out there with the exact same crystal and now hers was beginning to glow as if she had awoken something within. Alone. Bambi herself could not solve this mystery so she looked up and nodded.

"Thank you, Miss Winters. If anyone begins to suspect anything too, please inform me and I will deal with it."

She nodded once again before standing up, dropping the crystal back onto her chest; the coldness stung. Dumbledore watched as she made her way back to the door, thanking him on her way.

But, then she stopped in the archway of the door. "Sir?" He nodded. "My mother. Is she – Is she safe?"

His back straightened as he smiled softly, "yes, she is safe and well." Bambi smiled back and nodded feeling a sense of warmth over her. "She asks about you every day." Her steps falter and she whirled around. Eyes widening and breath getting stuck in her throat, Bambi stared at Dumbledore who was laced with amusement.

"She – she – you see her?"

A sparkle in his eye, "Yes, we write back and forth frequently."

The question had come out before Bambi could think, "Professor, do – do you think I could -"

Dumbledore could hear the words before she had even spoken to them, "When the time is right, Miss Winters."

She wanted to literally scream. Not a Dumbledore himself, no but at the world. Her emotions were running wild around her. A mixture of sad and happiness clashed together creating the product of ... confusion and fear. There will be a day that Bambi will meet her mother and that was enough for her to smile and turn around before walking right into Professor Snape. He stared her down and the smile washed away by the wind. His eyes dug into her almost daring her to speak or even do anything rather than move. Stuttering, she did move not daring to look up and catch the look Snape gave Dumbledore. And without turning around she walked out leaving another mystery behind her.

Once Bambi had returned back to the Hufflepuff common room after a long walk around the black lake, she spotted Frankie and Stevie sat around the fire. Relief filled to be back to something so normal in her mind. Her legs had collapse by the couch, welcoming her into the comfort.

A finger began waving in her face, side to side. "And where the hell have you been?"

She was silent staring intently into the fire. Frankie's edged closer, wrapping his arm around her, "in Dumbledore office."

Whatever Stevie was about to say fell right out of her mouth into a heap on the floor. "Dumbledore's what now?" she asked jumping across her own seat.

"Office." and that when Bambi dived into the whole situations explain everything Dumbledore had said and what she felt and still felt. They sat, watching and listening to everything Bambi had to say. Sharing the same shocked expression Bambi had at the time. And in the end becoming baffled for words just like Bambi.

"So you're telling me, " Frankie said after the silence surrounded them vanished, "that your mother is out there somewhere, asking about you with the exact same necklace that just so happens to begin lighting up right now when Dumbledore wants to observe you?"

"My necklace. He wants to observe my necklace not me." she stood up pacing in front of the fire. Stevie stood up before racing up the steps. Frankie and Bambi watched confused when she ran back down moments later. Pulling out from behind her, Stevie held up a chocolate chip muffin in her hand. "Looks like you need one of Mama Ross's famous Chocolate chip muffins."