Mother | 0.12

Mother ♛[ Into the Unknown - AURORA ]

Mother

[ Into the Unknown - AURORA ]

Panic. That all she felt. Ever since being at Hogwarts Bambi had never been called to the Headmasters office. So now, a flock of nervous butterflies filled to the brim of her stomach. Her face had blanched right after Aurora told her and she had grown stiff as wood. Dumbledore wanted to see her. Her necklace. Dumbledore had been there for both times when Bambi necklace had glowed. The first time Bambi thought she had been quick enough to sit on it, but the second time Bambi had no chance. Dumbledore had seen it all and now he was acting on it. It had to be about the necklace.

Would he take the necklace off her? Thinking its full of dark magic? Bambi herself had never seen such item produce such magic. All Bambi knew about the Necklace was that it was left with her when she was abandoned on the Winter's door step. Since then it had always been with her. But if Dumbledore asked to take it, she wouldn't be able to. It's was the last thing her parents gave her and it was her only thing to make her believe she did have loving parents. She just couldn't give that away.

As Bambi was thinking this she didn't notice that she was making her way to where's she guessed his office was. No one really knows where Dumbledore's office is but as Bambi was walking down the corridor she noticed Professor Sprout standing in front of a tall gargoyle. "Ah, Miss Winters," She said once she spotted Bambi, beckoning her forwards. "I'm glad Miss Brown found you. I'm guessing she's informed you of my message."

Bambi only nodded while swallowing the ball in her throat. Professor Sprout guided her back over to the gargoyle and said, "Cockroach Cluster," And right before Bambi eyes, the Gargoyle wings flew outwards and began moving up. Stairs began to form as the Gargoyle progressed upwards and Professor sprout guided her further towards them, "Dumbledore will be waiting for you. Just go through the door the stairs lead you too," she sent her a small smile before turning on her heel and disappearing down the corridor.

While Bambi was apprehensive to step onto the moving stairs she still did, stumbling though. The stairs took her along until she disappeared from sights and into a smaller corridor, holding only one door at the end. She wrapped her arms around herself, scratching the side of her arms in a nervous manner. Finding herself hugging even tighter she approached the door and then she releases her arm to knock twice.

Opening the door, she was met with a large circular room with many windows pouring in light and many portraits moving to see her. She did not recognise most of the portraits, but she did recognise some of the recent past headmasters/ headmistresses. However, it seemed all the portraits recognised her. The portraits closed in together and began whispering in hush tones as soon as Bambi walked in the room. One woman gasped and covered her mouth with her dark hand before turning to the smaller woman in the next portrait. They'd look at Bambi before turning back to whisper and some would just stare at her saying nothing.

Truthfully, Bambi didn't understand the need for the portraits to whisper as soon as she came in. But what she did know was that it made her even more nervous. Her gaze fell all around the room. First on the mighty bookcase towards the left of the room and curving around the edges. Each book was placed in a neat and organized form, almost looking like it hadn't been touched in years. A door to the side of her opened revealing Dumbledore standing with her hands folded out in front of him. His half-moon spectacle was slightly falling down his nose as he offered Bambi a seat at the desk. "Miss Winters, thank you for coming under this short of notice, please sit."

folding back her skirt as she sat down, the butterfly in her stomach grew more. "Erm, Professor Dumbledore, Sir, what am I doing here exactly?"

Dumbledore sat down in front of her, his hands now folded together upon the desk, "Well Miss Winters, you tell me why you are here" he questioned her with a small smile, almost reassuringly but Bambi couldn't tell.

"Sir, I'm not entirely sure," she almost whispered. She didn't want to know if her thought were true.

"Well I can assure you, you are in no trouble Miss Winters, "that almost calmed Bambi, "but I called for you today to discuss what happened a couple of weeks ago,"

"My necklace?" she asked to confirm. Bambi knew it. Dumbledore was going to ask about where she got her necklace from and why it glowed, and she had none of the answers.

"Yes, but particularly the crystal it lays upon," Instinctively, Bambi reached for the crystal underneath her robes and pulled it between her fingers. "I believe, the glow we saw that day was admitting from the crystal itself."

She had to do something before it was too late, "Professor Dumbledore, my necklace – the crystal it's not full of dark magic. I know it's not. I've had it since I was born and nothing –"

"Miss Winters," Dumbledore hushed a smile gracing itself, "I do not believe the crystal is full of dark magic." Relief.  "I believe the crystal is filled with magic, powerful at that but not Dark. More so ancient magic at that, but that is what I wish to discuss with you. Has this ever happen before that day Miss Winters?"

Bambi looked down at the crystal in her palm. All the years she held the necklace around her neck she never felt the burning sensation or saw the glow, until the past weeks. Something had triggered it and she couldn't understand what "The night the champions were chosen, Sir," she answered not looking up, "after Harry was chosen my crystal began to glow and I had to sit on it to hide it."

"And does anyone else know about this?" His expression didn't change, reassuring Bambi further.

"My friends Stevie, Aurora and Frankie were there the first time and I think Harry knows. After the glow disappeared in the corridor Harry ran into me."

Dumbledore leaned forwards on the desk looking directly at the crystal in Bambi's palm, "Miss Winters I think we should keep this between us and your friends. I will tell Mr Potter myself to say nothing and I hope you can inform the rest yourself."

Bambi nodded, "Sir, I still don't understand. Why- why is this happening?" She needed answer, and he seemed to be the only with them.

Dumbledore leaned back in his seat and watching her closely, "I believe this crystal is a direct link to your past. As you know it was given to you by someone special"

Her eyebrows frowned and she stared intensely at crystal before it clicked and her head snapped up to Dumbledore, "My parents"