0.49 | COMFORT

Bambi had found Penelope a very likeable character after sharing an interest in the world of muggle reading

Bambi had found Penelope a very likeable character after sharing an interest in the world of muggle reading. If the notebook the girl carried around hadn't given it away, the way she spoke on the subject with intensity and enthusiasm would have. As they waited outside McGonagall's office, they found comfort in common interests.

Penelope pushed her notebook into her bag, "You and Harry Potter, eh?" Her eyebrows rose teasingly, "Fred and George told me you could hardly speak to one another before."

Bambi had cringe, reminiscing at the moments of their stuttering and awkwardness. "Merlin, don't remind me."

Often did her mind wander into their relationship from the year previous. Most of the time blamed their apparent awkward feelings on the lack of experience. Harry had, after all, been her first crush. Based on her knowledge surrounding teen romance cliche, she didn't stand a chance.

Now, their relationship was maturing in some sense. The trauma at the end of the year forced this. How could early adolescence innocent be maintained after everything? The real world was nipping at them.

At times it scared her, but the way they were all maturing and coming to understand finally sent a sense of achievement. Harry, who had once been uncomfortable speaking to her, would not have been kissing her the way he did last year.

The door had creaked opened as a blur of pink trotted out. Umbridge had made a voice of pleasantness with her nose pointed towards the ceiling. As her heels clinked under the ground, Umbridge was looking down at them.

"Miss Winters and Miss Marshalls, don't you have somewhere else to be?" Her hand folded in front of her, "I'm sure you do not spend the entirety of your time outside Professor McGonagall's office, hmm?"

While Penelope had gone to grab her belongings, Bambi arched a brow, speaking with pure confidence, "We are just making you that you ain't -" Her hand rose to brush a strand of hair from her eyes as the scar burned into her hand flashed. "Abusing your power. The Ministry with the Royal family may be intrigued to hear of your progress, don't you think?"

Anger had flared across Umrbridge eyes for a matter of moments as she pushed her shoulders back. "Fudge is quite impressed with the progress. I assure you that. "

A smirk had struck her wrinkled face, "I do hope to see you at the wedding of your dear brother Billy. Lara had always been an incredible asset to the Ministry, don't you think? Oh -" placing a hand on her heart, Umbridge cooed softly. "I forgot. My apologies you are not invited. Maybe it is possible others see through the royal facade."

A rage had begun bubbling inside of Bambi, begging her to lash out and release. It was an urge, a need. She might have listened to it if it wasn't for Penelope shooting out her seat, "I don't think any student personal life is any of your business, Professor." Her hand latched onto Bambi's elbow, faking a sincere smile, "If you don't mind, we will be off now."