Chapter 28

Beomgyu POV

About an hour after that moment of silence between us, which calmed our souls and hearts to leave us only to ourselves and our union, 'Ma calls for me from the living room. I don't want to leave Yeonjun yet, but I know that I had to, so I apologise to Yeonjun softly and get up, giving his teddy a soft kiss on the top of its head. After seeing Yeonjun pout, I approach him to give him a kiss as well, but of course, on the lips.

I then head downstairs to see my mother already ready to go. She had her keys in her hand and was bidding farewell to Yeonjun's parents.

"There you are. Are you ready?" she says as she sees me.

"Why leave now though? We have the entire day!" I answer, complaining, thinking about all the time I could have had with Yeonjun which was now wasted.

"I was hoping we could have some time to ourselves" She explains, winking.

Shit.

I know this code. it screams 'You're not going to get away from your appointments'. It's the code she usually uses when we go somewhere before an appointment, because I hate it when she talks about it in public, even when it's in a place with no one listening attentively to our discussion.

Except this time, I don't have an appointment with Dr. Jeon.

When we get in the car, I finally ask her what's wrong.

"You haven't had a proper doctor's checkup in three months Beomgyu. And you know even better than me that Dr. Jeon wants to see you at least every month" she says, slightly sighing.

She's right, and although I know she is, I really don't want to get an appointment.

But because I know that I don't have the right to question her on things concerning my health - rule no. 1 that we established when I first got my diagnosis - I keep my mouth shut as she drives me to the hospital.

Once we arrive, 'Ma checks if Dr. Jeon is free to check me up, and I am brought to him by one of the nurses while 'Ma stays back in the waiting room.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Almost didn't believe it when the nurse said you were here" he says as I enter the room.

"Yeah I know, it's been a while, I'm sorry. You see, I've been... hanging out with people and... making friends... M-More than friends, but yeah" I mumble.

"It's alright. Plus, you look better. Things seem to be going rather well" he says as he checks me up for my reflexes, slurring, aches...

"I wonder if it's not better than last time!" He gasped joyfully.

I was also shocked. How could I have got better? I'm not even sure I've taken care of my body nor taken my meds in a month!

After a lot of mental straining myself not to, I end up asking the question which covers my mind in that fog of unrestrained hope that I know will only end up deceiving the believer that is my mind.

"Is... Is there a chance that... I live longer than you expected 8 months ago?"

Dr. Jeon sighs softly, considering my question before answering:

"I don't know what you've been doing for the past three months, but maybe if you keep doing that, you'll be able to live longer"

"Can we... push as far as having a rather long lifespan?"

I know I'm getting carried away by asking that, because obviously, if there is no cure, there is no way I can add ten, twenty or thirty years to my life. I already wonder if this could add a single year!