Chapter 21

Yeonjun POV

Two days later, I wake up and get ready to go see Beomgyu again, when I receive a call from his mother.

"Hey Yeonjun. I know you wanted to come see Beomgyu today. He's... He's not feeling very well and I don't think its safe for you to come over. I hope it's okay..." she says on the phone, apologetically.
"Yeah sure. Is he okay tho? Is it his illness?" I ask.
"No. Well, partly. Dr. Jeon came today and said he's got some sort of cold and it's weakening him"

I nod, forgeting that she can't see me.

"Yeonjun?"
"Uh, uh. Yeah. Sure. I understand. Ok. Thanks for warning me" I say, realizing my mistake as she ends the call.

I sigh as I set my phone down and lay on my bed again. I was about to start changing back to my pajamas when I had an idea.

Last time, I couldn't have much fun with the others.

I'll just invite Taehyun, Kai and Soobin over!

I grab my phone again - poor phone, He's getting bullied today - and I send a quick message to my mom.

I know she's just downstairs, but I'm too lazy.

When I see that she's ok with the idea, I dial Taehyun's phone number first.

"I've been absent for too long? Come over and I'll make it up to you" I say once he answers.
"That sounds so wrong.." He says chuckling.
I roll my eyes "With Kai and Soobin, idiot. My house, as soon as you can"

He laughs and accepts the invite. I end the call and call first Kai, then I stop.

I wanna invite Soobin. I want to make sure we're still friends.

But without Beomgyu by my side, how am I supposed to make sure he doesn't hit on me?

I push my worries away and dial his number.

To my dismay, he actually replies.

"Hi"
"Hi. Are you studying right now?"
"No, well, I mean, I don't have any more courses"
"Ok" I stay silent for a while before continuing. "Come over? I still want us to be friends"
"Sure yeah of course" he says in one breath.
"Come as soon as you can" I say, ending the call.

I run downstairs and wait in the living room for the boys, texting Beomgyu, but he barely ever answers through his tiredness.

I end up doodling some weird things on a random notebook until I hear the doorbell ring, making me jump.

I open the door to see a slightly irritated Taehyun.

"TRAFFIC" he screams as he enters. "I. HATE. TRAFFIC"
"Ok. Dude, you're the first one here, chill" I say, laughing.
"Ok then, I'll just... Wait with you then" he says nervously, apologizing.

We wait for about five minutes and it's only when Taehyun leaves to the bathroom that I hear the doorbell ring again.

"Should've gone before" I mumble, chuckling, as I open the door.

"Hey Junie~~" For a moment, because of the nickname, I think it's Beomgyu at the door, and I must admit I was rather disappointed when I saw it was "only" Kai.

"Hey. Don't look at me like that!" He says jokingly.
"Sorry" I say, laughing, letting him in.

I follow behind him back to the living room, where Taehyun, who had come back, had rather impolitely thrown himself onto the couch.

"We're just waiting for Soobin" I inform them as I sit down.
"You still want to see him after what he did to Beomgyu?" says Tae
"We talked it through. I just hope he won't take advantage of Beomgyu's absence to hit on me" I admit.
"Well, it should be fine. Don't worry about it. We're here to witness anyway" adds Kai excitedly.