Chapter 3

Yeonjun POV

"Yeonjun! Beomgyu's so excited to see you, he's been talking about you ever since I told him you were coming over!"

I give Beomgyu's mother a warm smile as she lets us in. I let Dad talk with her as I rush up the stairs and to Beomgyu's room, barely knocking once as I entered.

Beomgyu was sitting at his desk in the corner of his room, seemingly doodling something, when I entered. He looks up at me as soon as I enter the room, walking over to his bed and gesturing for me to sit down beside him. Sure enough, he seemed really excited to talk to me. The second I was seated, he started talking non-stop.

I chuckle as I try to slow him down: not only was his soft accent not helping my slow comprehension, but he was also talking really fast and without much articulation. "I missed you too Beomie, but you can calm down now. I didn't understand shit of what you just said"

"Sorry. I just have so much energy today! I don't understand why but I feel like talking and talking without stopping"

"Hah, cool, I guess you'll be in a better state today. You seemed exhausted yesterday..."

"Yeah, it happens quite often"

As our conversation stops, I stand up and walk over to the desk on which Beomgyu had been drawing when I entered. On the piece of paper was one of the best drawings I've ever seen. I never really look at stuff such as fanarts or Pinterest drawings, so that really seemed like talent to me.

A man with blueberry blue hair bent over another man, kissing him. The man on top was wearing a light blue - blouse? Was that a blouse or a normal shirt? - and the one on the bottom had a pink striped shirt and an earring. That's when I realised that the blueberry-haired man was me, and that I had been wearing that shirt yesterday. As for Beomgyu, he had been wearing a jacket yesterday, but he took it off at dinner, and it was that pink shirt that he had worn.

That drawing was surely what we looked like yesterday.

That guy has so much talent. I like him even more and it's just a fucking drawing...

I like someone who has talent.

Me?

I sing. I rap. I dance.

I don't think Beomgyu has the strength to rap, sing and dance.

After a few minutes of drawing analysis, Beomgyu takes the paper from the desk and brings it to his heart.

"Mine. It's us, yesterday. You like it?"

"Very much"

"Really?"

"You have so much talent. I like people who have talent"

"Do you?"

"I like singing and rapping. I dance too"

Beomgyu looks at me with envy in his eyes.

"I used to sing. Before that shit caught me. Sometimes I'm too weak to even try anymore"

"But... Now that you're in a good state... Could you?"

Beomgyu POV

I think about what he just said for a while. I could sing to him right now. I feel fine, for the first time in weeks. Perhaps I could sing for him... But what if afterwards I get too weak to talk and he has to leave? I don't want him to! Not so soon!

I sigh and tell him what I think about this.

He says it's alright, and that he doesn't want me singing a full song. "Just a chorus or something"

I nod. I want to sing. I really do, even if I haven't sung a single note in three years. I ask Yeonjun if he minds leaving the room so that I can warm up and try to get my voice back. It's not that I actually need him away from me, it's just that I'm too shy to have him listen to my horrid voice as I make sure everything is still a-okay.

Yeonjun nods. "I'll go to the kitchen to get some water. I'm kinda thirsty. Come get me once you're ready"

He leaves the room. To be honest, I pretty much forgot how to warm up, it was a step I'd always skip. I tried to remember what my singing teacher used to make me do, but I can't remember. I end up trying to sing the song I want to sing to Yeonjun instead of actually clearing my voice. After a few tries, I go downstairs to bring him back.

As soon as he sits down, he asks me to start. I'm a shy person and I usually take some time to get myself to sing, but I feel confident this time as I stay up while he's laying on my bed. I take a deep breath, clear my throat and start singing my favourite part of "You & I" by One Direction.

🎵I figured it out

Saw the mistakes of up and down

Meet in the middle

But there's always room for common ground

I see what it's like

I see what it's like from day and night

Never together

Cause they see things in a different light

Like us, but they never tried

Like us🎶

He listened to me sing, tilting his head from side to side. I think he liked it. I don't dare ask him if he did once I'm done. I just sit beside him on the bed, catching my breath. Surprisingly, I don't feel any weaker but still, I lay down next to him, hoping he had understood my message in the song.

"You sing so well"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't know the song though"

"It's 'You & I' by One Direction. Surely not the first song you'd think about when singing to someone but... I just really like it"

"I like it too"

I chuckle. Maybe he did get the message.

Yeonjun POV

I can't get myself to tell Beomgyu I love him until later that evening. Beomgyu's mother asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner, and I accepted before checking if it was okay for my parents. Overall, I've spent the entire day at Beomgyu's house, and I still didn't confess. So, after dinner, in his room, I decide to build up the courage to ask him out. "Beomgyu. Can you leave your house?"

"Depends on the state I'm in when I wake up. Also... it's a bit dangerous. But yeah... I could. Why?"

I take a deep breath before continuing, realising that he's about to pass out like yesterday. "Would you like to go watch a movie with me or something. Maybe meet up for lunch and just watch something?"

He smiles at me as he agrees.

"C-Could we.... M-Make that a date?" I blame myself for stuttering, but it all goes away when I see the shine in his eyes as I say it.

"R-Really? I... I was about to ask you if... If it was a date. Hehe"

"Go to sleep Beomgyu. I'll come pick you up on Friday, if you're good"

"Sure... Just... Number... If I'm not okay...."

I grab a piece of paper from his desk and scribble my number on it, trying to give it to him before he falls asleep, but it was too late. I decided to rewrite it because it wasn't really legible, called my father to pick me up and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another 👏 bad 👏 ending 👏 because 👏 that's 👏 all👏 I 👏 do 👏

Hope you like it 😁