Chapter 25

(I'm not dead I'm sorry hehehe)

Yeonjun POV

The next morning, when I wake up, I realise that I'm alone in the bed: Beomgyu is already up, somewhere out of the room.

I sigh and get out of the bed, stretching, and look around the room, searching for my clothes from yesterday.

Yeah, I don't have a drawer of my clothes in Beomgyu's room.

He does in mine though.

I should fill a drawer of his.

But in the meantime, I only have my outfit from yesterday.

I take Beomgyu's absence to my advantage to change out of his pyjamas, but when he comes back in, I still haven't finished flipping my clothes the right way round.

He gasps as he sees me fighting with my jeans "Don't bother! Grab some of my clothes"
I groan "I'm taller, larger, and prettier than you"
He chuckled fakely "No. Grab some of my clothes, we'll go shopping"

My eyes shine when he says 'shopping'...

... until I realise that I'm completely broke.

Because I don't dare tell him that I didn't even bring my wallet, I just shake my head "It's okay"
"But you look like you like that! My clothes are too out of trend and I feel fine. C'mon! Let's just go after lunch"

I sigh and call Dad, telling him that I'll spend the day at the mall with Beomie. I almost ask him to give me some money and come to Beomgyu's house to give it to me, but I decide against it.

After lunch, Beomgyu gets his health checked by his mother before leaving. When we climb in the car, I still haven't told him about my broke-ness. Soon when we're dropped off, I realise I'm not going to be able to hide it. Beomgyu brings us directly to a clothing store and looks around for himself. While I follow him silently, I stumble upon a cute jeans jacket that I couldn't get my eyes off, and Beomgyu spots it too, realising my interest in it. He checks the price and smiles

"It's affordable. Take it, it'll look good on you"

I open my mouth to speak, but can't find a lie then and there. Beomgyu looks down at my pockets and realises that I only have my phone in them.

"You forgot your money"
I nod sadly, defeated "At my house"
He smiles softly "I'll buy it for you"
He lets me pick my size, turns around, and gasps "Let's buy matching shirts!"
"It's too cliché, let's just buy matching..."

I think about it for a moment, but he's the one who finds the idea.

"Matching rings. 'Pa did that to 'Ma when they were dating. They put one each on their ring finger so it looked like they were married, and people left them alone. Also, when they looked at their hands, they'd think of one another"

I smile at how wholesome his parents were.

It explains a lot about Beomgyu.

I follow Beomgyu as he looks for a directory and a jewelry store. I promise him I'll pay him back for both the jacket and the ring, but he insists on buying both.

He brings us to a rather expensive store and starts looking for pretty rings, while I search for the cheapest ones.

I don't want him to spend too much money on me.

I suddenly hear Beomgyu calling my name.

"I found some cute ones!"

I rush towards him and look at the rings: two tall rings with three branches stuck together. One had two silver branches and one dark blue one, the other two blue branches and another silver one, following the order silver-blue-silver and blue-silver-blue respectively. At the front of each ring, the top and bottom branches cross and switch places, giving the rings a slightly braided look.

I usually hate showing people what something looks like in a story but that description sucks so if you don't quite get it here's a guide

I smile at my baby and, like the idiot that I am, look down at the price.

I really want to turn a blind eye to it, but there's just too many zeros.

"You can't pay this! It's so expensive!"
He shrugs: "'Ma always told me that I could buy matching rings of any price as long as I like both the ring and the person I'm giving it to"

I blush and, watching helplessly as Beomgyu paid both rings. Once we're out of the store, he opens both boxes.

"We have a silver and blue one. Which one do you prefer?"
I chuckle:"You sound like a shopping assistant"
"Oh shut up, I want you to choose favourite"
I laugh and look up at the rings. "I will take silver please"
"Stop acting like you're my customer!" He says as he slides the silver ring on my left fourth finger.
"My turn!" I say, taking the blue velvet box from Beomgyu and taking out the blue ring to place it on his ring finger.

He smiled and played around with the ring. Then, he realised I was still wearing his clothes and that all I had for myself was a jeans jacket, so he brought us back to his clothing store.

Once we were home, I change to my new clothes and insist to take Beomgyu's clothes home so I can clean them. I still stay a little bit at Beomgyu's house, checking out his findings and styling outfits for him. We basically turned the room into a fashion show, adding some of his old clothes too.

By 6pm, Beomgyu's closet was a total mess, so we started cleaning up. But at 7, when we were almost done cleaning up, I received a call from my father, and it's only then that I realise how late it is.

"Hey where are you Yeonjun? It's already night. I don't like this. Is there traffic?"
I stay silent, unable to find a valuable excuse.
"You can't stay at Beomgyu's tonight, you already did last night. I want to see you home"
Silence again.
"Yeonjun, you're on your way, right?"
"No" I whisper.
"What? I can't hear you"
"No" I say, louder this time.

This time, the silence is on Dad's side of the line.
"Home. Now. You're leaving" he says as he hangs up.

I sigh and turn to Beomgyu "I gotta go. Like right now. I'm sorry. Dad's mad"
"Ok. I'll finish cleaning up. Tell 'Ma you're leaving" he says as he keeps tidying up.

I feel bad that I can't finish cleaning up with him, but Dad's angry, so I leave the room, head downstairs, bid goodbye to Beomgyu's mother, leave the house and take a taxi home.

I look outside the taxi window as I'm taken out of the bustling city and into the suburbs, a crazy anxiety lingering in me as the gravity of what I've done lies down on me and I prepare myself for the worst from my angered father.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not dead, I swear

I'm sorry it's just that inspiration wasn't there

Welp anyways sorry for such a long wait, I think the last one will last less time, but no promises

I'll try my best!

And for those of you who may have seen the chapter in the first day or so, sorry for that little directive I put for myself. It was in my Doc, forgot to delete that lol. It's ok now I read it over hehehe

Bai