Chapter 51

DOWN WE GO

Yeonjun POV

(Little rewind, also short chapter but IT'S IMPORTANT I SWEAR)

At about 4 PM, I receive a call from Beomgyu, telling me that he'd decided to go on vacation to Jeju.

"Ooooh, I can guess your next words" I say, slightly teasing him.

"I... I want to spend some time alone with 'Ma"

My emotions change in a bare second. I was a little hurt, but it was easy to understand: Beomgyu and I have been spending all our free time together for a year and a month, and his mother is.... well, his mother, and she's the only parent he has left, so he should spend time with her.

"I understand.... No I'm not angry.... Yeah, sure, sure.... Just tell me when you've arrived.... Bye" I end the call once he says he's got something to do.

I sigh in my room, calling my boss to let him know that I'll be doing a shift at the coffee shop next Saturday afternoon. Mom already told me that she gained enough money to support both of us herself, but I refuse to let the job go. It prepares me for my future and gives a little bit of a backup plan if we ever run out. I don't receive a lot per week, but I receive enough overall to survive if we needed to, by simply needing to lower the electricity bills. The fact that this house was my father's and not rented definitely helps.

I spent that Saturday afternoon at work, daydreaming whenever I was free about how Beomgyu must be doing. It felt weird having him so far away from me. We've never been this separated. I wonder if he's thinking about me, but I don't think so, because he's having fun and he went away with his mother to spend time with her and not me. I sometimes daydream so much I forget that I get customers and probably seem crazy to them for not replying, and I only get brought back to Earth when my colleague asks them what they want. I apologise again and again, making up a lie about how my mother is sick and I can't get her out of my mind because I don't want to admit that I'm gay and my boyfriend is dying and on vacation in Jeju Island to spend time with his mother.

Once I finish my shift, I start wondering whether I'll get paid today, because if we don't work well, we don't get paid as much, or not at all if it's very bad. And I guess daydreaming on the job is pretty bad, but he doesn't change anything. Relieved, I start heading home, and think about calling Beomgyu a few times, but I don't, because I shouldn't. I spend the evening preparing dinner, eat it with Mom in utter silence, and went to bed earlier than usual. Mom probably thought I was sick, because I was woken up half an hour later by my bedroom door opening. I see Mom enter with a thermometer and checks if I have fever, without noticing that she woke me up. I laugh when she cautiously tries to hide the thermometer under Beomgyu's plushie that I had beside me to muffle the sound. She gets a little surprised, but she laughs too. She gives me the teddy bear back and takes my body temperature normally this time. I don't have any fever, so she excuses herself. I tell her that I wanted to go to bed early so Monday could seem to come earlier and I could see Beomgyu again. She laughs and lets me go to sleep.

The next morning, I wake up really late, around noon, and quickly get up to help Mom prepare lunch. Once I find an adequate outfit, I rush down the stairs and find Mom, but not in the kitchen like I thought she'd be.

She was sitting at the dining table, seemingly worried.

When she saw me, she quickly hid that worry and showed me a smile.

"Did you sleep well?" she asks, with a quaking voice that she only realises once she starts talking.

"Pretty well, yeah. What's wrong?" I ask.

"N-No... Nothing" she mumbles. I don't believe her obviously, so I try to push her to tell me the truth, and she does with a sigh.

"It's Beomgyu. I got a call from his mother. He... He... " she starts, probably trying to protect me.

"He what, Mom?"

"He... He's in the hospital, he didn't wake up this morning. But this time...

The doctors think it's the end"

-------------------------------------------------------------

I warned you

I finished writing the story and will be posting it slowly so y'all don't die.

I will probably also start writing two prequels, called Beomgyu's Diary and Yeonjun's Diary, which will talk about a few key moments of the boys' lives (in the story of course).

I have also started writing a new story with a different ship, still TXT related though. I was thinking of a Taehyun/Huening Kai story (idk how to spell the ship name I need to look it up), but tell me if you want to see another ship, or some more Yeongyu. This new story won't be a very joyful one either, although I PROMISE NO ONE DIES.

Anyway, have a good day / night