Chapter 45

Beomgyu POV

About a week passes after that day together in my room, and 'Ma and I have started to notice that I'm not actually getting any better, and we agree that my health will stay like this. So, we start considering this our normal life. I move around in my wheelchair, taking advantage of the fact that my chest still isn't paralysed to give myself some mobility freedom. 'Ma even accepts that I go to the mall with Yeonjun shopping, so this is what we're doing today.

This is like a Youtube video intro.

SuBsCrIbE

I'm kidding, obviously.

I call Yeonjun in the morning, hoping he's awake, to tell him that if he's free today, we can go to the mall. He says he's free today, that he doesn't work on Saturdays except for extra hours which he - thankfully for us - forgot to inform his boss about getting. He almost always uses the extra hours. He likes his job and it gets him more money.

He asks if we can meet at the mall directly, because it's halfway between his house and mine. I ask 'Ma and she says she doesn't mind driving me there, so I tell that to Yeonjun and get going.

I arrive earlier than Yeonjun, who texts me and says he had to get ready and so just left. 'Ma says she's happy that she brought me, because she doesn't want to leave me alone. We wait for about ten minutes, during which I panic, thinking that maybe it was a joke, and that he's not coming, or that he got into an accident and was gone, but he did come and excused himself for being late, that he hadn't dealt with the time well and got into traffic along the way. 'Ma says it's fine, and I calm down. 'Ma leaves shortly after, and Yeonjun and I go around the mall, thinking about what to do and starting to make a list of the shops we'd like to go in.

"I wanted to buy some clothes. Hopefully some matching ones. I did a big cleanup in my clothes and deemed it acceptable to buy more clothes" explains Yeonjun.
"You had no more clothes? I don't even think I have half of your clothings in amount!" I ask, slightly bewildered.
"But I want pretty clothes! I want my clothes to match yours! Pretty pleaseeee" he begged.
"I can't say no to this begging" I say, teasing him.

He blushes slightly, but keeps pointing out some of the shops he knows and likes. We decide to go to one of them he says is 'absolutely amazing'. I look around at the clothes, and my eyes fall and lock on a beautiful flanel I'm sure I saw in Yeonjun's closet before, so I take it and put it in our basket. I find a bunch of other clothes I like, and by the time we sort through what we'll take or won't take, we realise how different our styles are. I chose a lot of simple, oversized clothing with minimalistic details, while Yeonjun opted for something more daring: more leather, bigger images like huge logos or texts. My choices were very colourful, while Yeonjun's were mostly monochrome. It was a little bit funny. In clothes, we were pretty much opposites. However, we liked both our styles. We choose about five different items that we'll take as couple items and leave the rest to our own personal styles without buying pairs - which doesn't mean we won't borrow them from each other. We pay - or actually, Yeonjun pays because he won't let me - and we decide to go to another shop. Yeonjun says it's where he always finds some cute accessories, and he thinks it'll fit my aesthetic. I look at a few little pins: some hearts, some bubble tea, some rainbows, overall childish things. But I don't really mind. I also find a few plushies that were just too cute, usually that matched the pins, like rainbows and bubble teas. I decide to take bubble tea pins and plushie, and Yeonjun insists on paying yet again. 'Ma gave me some money, so I decide to beat him to the bill at the restaurant at lunch. It works, and although he's rather pissed about it, I'm satisfied. We still get a few clothes - I don't think I've ever bought this many clothes in a day, and after that, by concern for my health, Yeonjun drives me back home. 'Ma was in the living room when we arrive, so I ask her if Yeonjun can stay here overnight. It wasn't planned, but I didn't want to let him go home with just a "thanks for today" after all the things he's paid for me. Yeonjun says that, although he's free, he doesn't want to leave his mother alone. I whisper to 'Ma that I didn't get to pay much and was feeling guilty, and she tells Yeonjun that she'll ask his mom if she's okay with it, and suggests that she comes over for dinner. Yeonjun accepts, but only if his mother does too, which she does.

I ask 'Ma to help carry me upstairs again, and go to my bedroom. As soon as I get back in my chair, I make a run - or well, a roll - for the bed, to make it because I didn't when I got up.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to invite you over, but I just couldn't let you go" I excuse myself as I struggle to carry the mattress up to tuck in the sheets I made a mess of.
"It's okay, I never made my bed when I came over, I just make it before we sleep" he explains as he comes over to help.

I chuckle, finding Yeonjun's laziness adorable. Once we're done with the bed, he helps me hang my new clothes, and suggests we show them off to our mothers. I laugh, saying it would be cute, and we grab our couple clothes. There's about two outfits we can match, but the rest are just shirts, so we prepare our own outfits with these shirts. Yeonjun struggles a little to find clothes that can fit him, because I'm so much thinner than him. I bite my lips.

I know exactly who's clothes would fit him. I just don't want to open these boxes again.

I decide to bring him to my brother's room instead. He's slightly bulkier than me, maybe that'll do the trick. I watch as he looks through his clothes, looking rather disappointed. If it's not his style, I have only one last solution.

He finds a few things that fit him, but I still feel guilty, because he doesn't seem to like this style. I take a deep breath.

"I can find... better, something that's more your style. But I think... I..." I try to explain, but I can't.
"It's okay, no need to take out anything else, I'll do with this" he says.
"But I can take them out, huh? It's just... It's just maybe a little trigger..." I keep going, "But I think 'Ma won't mind if I take them out"
He smiles "If you can, I'd like to look at them".

I sigh a little, and bring him to my mother's room. I know exactly where they are. I open 'Ma's closet and take out the huge, brown cardboard box.

"They're here" I say as I open the box as silently as possible " Choose whatever you want, I hope they're still in good condition"

Yeonjun checks if 'Ma is coming, then looks into the box. He gasps softly here and there, brings a couple jeans up, folds them up and put them beside him. He takes out a pair of pants I feel a little reluctant to let him wear.

"It was his favourite... I hope 'Ma doesn't notice it too much" I say.

He picks up a few more pants, then we put the box back where it belongs and go back to the room. We start styling our outfits and wait for Yeonjun's mother to arrive. To not bother getting carried upstairs then downstairs, I text 'Ma to ask if Yeonjun's mother is here and if we can show them our new clothes. She sends me a laughing emoji and says Yeonjun's mother is here and that they'd be happy to see them. I ask if I can bring our clothes to the downstairs bathroom so I can avoid going up and down constantly. She says yes, and while Yeonjun changes upstairs, 'Ma brings me downstairs. I text Yeonjun to ask what he's wearing first, and I wear the same thing. We do some sort of fashion show for our mothers, and laugh a lot about how adorable it all is. 'Ma makes a lot of comments while Yeonjun's mother teases him a lot. It's all fun and games until Yeonjun arrives with 'Pa's pants. I arrive much more stressed in front of 'Ma, looking at her and seeing whether she realises or not. They can see that I'm acting weird, so I calm down and keep joking around. I see 'Ma's eyes on Yeonjun's jeans, but she doesn't show anything different from her typical smile she's had for fifteen minutes.

Once we're done, I change back to one of our matching shirts, and see Yeonjun go down with the same one. We chuckle together and go back with our mothers. I carry myself up beside 'Ma, and ask if she's okay. She says that Yeonjun's attire brought back memories, but that it's not something to be dwelled on, it's been seven years after all. I bite my lips yet again. I feel slightly guilty, but she tells me not to be, so I smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My endings? Worsening? Nah, you're hallucinating.

Yes it's been a long time but daaaaaamn was the next chapter a hastle to write (how does one write hastle? Wattpad says in wrong)

So yes, the next chapter will definitely be a crazy one with no link whatsoever between anything and a rough ending, again.

I think the second next one is better though, I think I have a more straightforward idea for that one.

Anyway, sorry for the long wait.

👋👋👋