Chapter Thirteen

Yeonjun POV

"What did you do, idiot!" I scream to myself in the mirror.

"Honey, calm down"

I turn to my mother.

"Calm down!? I just hung up on my boyfriend and started a fight between us just because he didn't tell his mother about us. I started a fight for no reason, and now, my baby hates me!"

"Call him back, tell him you didn't mean it-"

"Mom, he'll never answer. He's angry too. He's probably extra mad right now"

"It's worth a try"

I sigh and ask her to leave the room while I "call Beomgyu", but of course, I don't call him. I don't call or text him for three hours. Mom tries to ask me how it went, but I keep changing the conversation and acting like I didn't hear. I don't want to lie to her but I don't want her to know that her son is too much of a coward to repair his own mistakes.

At 6pm that night, I decide that it's better to call him, because I know that I won't sleep until I tell him that I'm sorry.

He picks up on the first ring.

"Hyung?"

My heart stings at the honorific, but I can't turn back now.

"Beomgyu, I'm sorry. I was too much of a coward to apologize earlier, and I'm sorry. You're right, you need your mother to help you and I'm being an asshole and thinking our relationship is more important than family. I'm so sorry"

He stays silent on the other line.

"I was like that for a while. I was more interested in my friends than in my family. And when my father... did what he did, I thought it was my fault, that he had done it because I wasn't present enough, so I became more family-oriented than anything else. I'm sorry that I hid our relationship, I didn't know if 'Ma would approve and-"

He stopped talking and I heard whispers from his side, then his voice.

"Yeah, 'Ma. It's Yeonjun"

Another few words.

"Yes 'Ma. Now leave me with my baby"

My heart melts at his words and I smile to myself.

"Well anyway, yeah. I'm so sorry" he says, finishing his mini-speech.

"I'm sorry too". I hesitantly slip a little 'baby' after my sentence and I hear him chuckle before he accepts my apology.

"How about we meet up together- oh, wait. I can't get out of my bed..."

"I'll come over tomorrow. No worries"

"Thanks babyyyyy"

"Anything for my BabyGyu" I say, smiling.

That was way too easy.

Not that I'm complaining..

I hear more whispers on my baby's side of the call, and he tells me he has to leave me. I bid him goodbye, end the call and heave a long sigh of relief.

That's it.

It's done.

I have my baby back.

I leave my bedroom and walk down to the kitchen.

"That's it. He's mine"

Mom turns to me. "You only just called him now?"

"At least I did, right?"