Chapter 46

Beomgyu POV

Sooner than it seems, Yeonjun calls me to ask me out on a "special date". When he called me, I hadn't thought much of it. He likes doing secret dates. I ask 'Ma if I can, she says that "on this special day she wouldn't see why not". I have to ask her what makes it so special. She seems rather shocked, and says that if Yeonjun knew I'd said that, he'd be pissed.

She tells me everything.
It's our first year anniversary.

...

HOW DID I MISS THAT?????

It really hypes me up. It's been a year, he's done so much for me on any normal date, what is he going to do for an anniversary? It leaves me curious, and I ask Yeonjun the location of that date. He says he'll give it to my mother, but refuses to give it to me.

'Ma drives me over to that special place. I don't think I've ever been there. I don't recognise the way we used to go there, nor the place itself. I feel sort of lost, and when we arrive, Yeonjun isn't at the entrance either. 'Ma seems to know where to go, so I let her push me. Sure enough, wherever it is that she brought me - from which I'll never be able to leave alone - I spot Yeonjun.

"He's there" I tell 'Ma, gesturing towards him.
"I know," she says as she walks to him.

Yeonjun greets us, 'Ma and him talk a little before she leaves us. I warn Yeonjun that if he leaves me, I'll be completely lost, because I don't know this place. He laughs, and says I'll recognise it soon. I can only stare, confused.

He pushes me over to a plain with a tent in the middle and a river behind it. That's when I recognise the place: it's where we went stargazing when we started dating.

It's also the place where I asked to spend my last moments at.

I purse my lips. I'm not dying, so I'm hoping he just liked this place and wanted us to go back there and listen to me talk about the stars again, rather than fulfilling my final demand.

"I know the importance this place has for you, to the point that you asked this to be the place where you'll breathe your last breath, so I thought about bringing your here for our anniversary," he explains as he takes a seat on the cloth over the grass.
"I really do like this place. Well, I like every place where we can stargaze. I just love the stars..."
"I hope you still love me more than the stars"
I pretend to think about it: "Only if you help me get down beside you"
He smiles and carries me out of my chair and onto the cloth.
"Do you love me more than the stars now?" he asks.
"It was a trick. I love you more than the stars anyway, I just needed help to get down"

He frowns, but starts handing me a few boxes to put down on the cloth, saying that it's already time for lunch. I'm barely hungry, I feel like I ate five minutes ago, but it's surely because I ate two hours ago and I'm now going to eat again. But Yeonjun opens a box with a loaf of the same cake he'd brought on our first date here, which was rather light, so I accept to eat. I mean, I wasn't not going to eat, but I guess I would've taken less if it'd been something really compact.

After eating our lunch, we just chat. We talk about the weather basically. I ask him how he's been since our fashion show with our mothers, and he says he's been planning out this date. He says we got lucky that the campsite where we were before was free today, on the very day of our first anniversary, because it wasn't for the entire week. I chuckle and say it's because they kept it vacant for us. He laughs too.

We spend maybe an hour talking, but we quickly get bored because we don't have much to say. It's not like we haven't seen each other in 5 years. Yeonjun asks me to hand him one of the boxes that I'd put on my side of the cloth and takes out a deck of cards from it. He asks if I want to play a card game, and I listen carefully as he teaches me the rules. I'm a sore loser, so when we play the first one and he wins, I try my best with my paralysed legs to attack him and say he cheated. He laughs, somehow finding my rages cute, and suggests we do a rematch. I accept, after all, I'm not the type to give up. We play different games till the evening, when he says he's getting bored of it. We stop playing, but quickly find ourselves with nothing to do. By now, the sun is starting to set, so Yeonjun suggests we enter the tent to avoid mosquitoes, so he helps me get up on my wheelchair and I help him carry the boxes and tablecloth inside the tent. This tent is larger than the first one we used, probably because he thought I might need more space with my wheelchair. I can't move inside because the plastic is too stiff for my chair to wheel on, so I just pass him the boxes from outside and he places them in. Once all the boxes are inside, Yeonjun starts placing the sleeping bags and the pillows he brought onto the floor of the tent for us later and helps me onto one of them. He folds in the wheelchair and brings it in as well, putting it in the corner for later. I lie down and test out the pillow I've been given. I'm pretty tired for some reason, so I ask Yeonjun if I can take a nap for thirty minutes or so. He chuckles, asking why I need his approval to sleep, and says he'll wake me up for dinner.

And he does. By the time I hear his soft voice call my name for dinner, the sky has gone completely dark. I ask him how long I slept, I only asked for half an hour, so the darkness feels weird. He looks down and says that he hadn't managed to wake me up after half an hour, so he gave me an extra fifteen minutes. I chuckle, what kind of person can't wake me up? I'm not a deep sleeper, especially in half an hour, but at least he didn't let me sleep for an extra hour. He'd already set down two boxes on the tent floor, which were filled with some food. I sit up and we start eating, joking around and playing with our food a little. When we're done, he puts the boxes back into the bigger boxes so that insects like ants don't come inside and goes outside with my wheelchair. He opens it up and I pull myself out of the tent with my arms. He then helps me onto my wheelchair yet again and pushes me to that same spot near the lake, where I slide down from my wheelchair and onto the grass instantly. He lies down beside me, slightly chuckling, and asks that I tell him more about the stars, so I tell him everything I know about some constellations or stars that appear one after the other in the dark sky lit only by these reflecting rocks and something that looks like a galaxy and that we as children call the Milky Way which can't possibly be the Milky Way because we are in the Milky Way.

Confused yet?

Yeonjun laughs whenever I mix up my constellations, but says that, overall, he likes it when I teach him new things. He says that I explain well. I smile and try my best to get closer to him, but he ends up having to pull me over. While he hugs me tight, I give him a kiss.

"Thank you so much for all you've done for me"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? Me? Forget about this story? Nah, you know I'd never...

Ok fine. I'm sorry.

I don't have school right now, si hopefully I'll be able to update faster, either that or I'll forget this story ever existed. If I take too long, feel free to give me a little "stop procrastinating" scold and I promise I'll speed up (maybe)