Chapter 49

Beomgyu POV

If the doctor said that my nerves are going to be degrading faster now, I'm going to have to do all the things I've ever wanted to do as soon as possible, so I decide to ask 'Ma a few things about when she's free, when I'm free, when Yeonjun's free - although I knew damn well that she couldn't know that - so I can plan out many many things.

I not only wanted to spend some okay-time with Yeonjun, but also with 'Ma.

She tells me that, although she's got a lot of things to do during the next few days, she could still make time for me in the afternoons or evenings, so I decide to make one week be hanging out with Yeonjun in the mornings and chilling with 'Ma in the afternoons. However, I choose to keep Saturday as a 'Yeonjun day' and Sunday as a "Ma day' so we could do more things. Because Sunday was next in the days - weird way of saying tomorrow is Sunday but okay - I decide to plan something in secret for 'Ma so she'd be forced to accept. The main problem is that I don't have a job, hence no money of my own.

Got a problem with a jobless, moneyless 20-year-old?

Cuz I don't care.

I end up having to tell 'Ma about my plans either way, I really wanted us to spend time somewhere and not at home sitting on the couch watching some wacky series on the TV and not even paying attention to one another. I also didn't want us to just go to a restaurant, I wanted us to have fun, but considering the fact that I'm already in a wheelchair, places like amusement parks - which were part of my to do before dying list - are a no-go. I don't want to go to a cinema either because it's just the same as staying in front of the TV for hours doing and saying nothing. I would like to go to the arcade, but with Yeonjun, and what's the point of going shopping if I'm gonna die soon?

Even though I just decided that I wanted to spend one day with ‘Ma and one day with Yeonjun, I decide to completely switch things out.

I wanna go to the beach one last time.

Obviously, this means that, as previously mentioned, I’m going to have to tell ‘Ma about my plans. I ask her if she can set a vacation day so we can spend three days at the beach together. She says she doesn’t have anything important to do on Monday, and suggests that I invite Yeonjun. I don’t want to be annoyingly introverted, but I don't really want him to come. I feel like I’ve been neglecting ‘Ma a lot these days. She says that he’ll probably understand, which helps me feel better. I choose to tell him that I’m going to the beach with ‘Ma, both because I don’t want him to worry about me and because I don’t want to keep it a secret from him. He says that it’s fine, that he likes that I spend time with ‘Ma as well, and hopes we have a good time. I ask ‘Ma how much budget she’s willing to give me.

“Budget? Why budget”? she asks, oblivious to my plan.
“I wanna plan the weekend on my own, make it at least a tiny bit of a surprise” I answer, hoping that she’ll trust me with her money, because she doesn’t seem very willing to do so.

She nods and gives me an adequate budget for a 3-day hangout at the beach. I decide to search up a place first.

(Little A/N: I don’t live in South Korea and I don’t know how traveling on the territory works, I am only mirroring what I would do to go somewhere in this story, this just seems to be the most logical way to travel. This might not be the real way and might not work with the real distances and/or South Korean laws. Again, this is only a work of fiction.)

I consider a few beaches, mostly on Jeju island or to the South East, and check out some hotel and restaurant prices. Because I’ve never been to Jeju island, I decide to look for a hotel there. I find one that also has a few discovery activities like travels around the island or visits of a few beaches, which we could do on Sunday. The travel there seemed pretty short, so I thought it would be even better than taking a car or bus to the South, even though it’s more expensive. I book a hotel room with two bedrooms, still wanting ‘Ma to have her privacy, and start looking through some restaurants that are well rated to go to. Once I’ve done that, I calculate how much budget we would have left for visits, counting the meals, and found it pretty right. If the prices are as indicated on the website, we’d be able to pay a visit of the beaches of Jeju island for a day, as well as some souvenirs we’d want to bring back (and that I would like to give to Yeonjun as an apology). I come back to her, telling her the date and time of the car that will bring us to the port. She just smiles and writes it down on a little post-it note, shaking her head as she sticks it in her to-do notebook.

I call Yeonjun to tell him that I'll be on vacation next week, and he says it's good for me, and that he's in no way mad when I ask if it's okay with him. He says he'll miss me, but that he'll be fine. I smile to myself. I know I'll miss him too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OmG i UpDaTeD

I haven't done ANYTHING during my summer vacations, I actually surprise myself.

Anyway, this chapter has no other purpose than to prove I am not dead and prepare the next chapter.

Hehe

Byeeee