Chapter 44

Beomgyu POV

As soon as Yeonjun leaves, they bring me a dinner platter. It's like everything has already been prepared.

Hospital food.

I eat pretty slowly, much slower than I usually would, but I drain even more energy than when I usually eat. It's actually pretty sad. I don't feel like I'm the same person anymore. Yeonjun treats me the same. When he's here, it feels like everything is back to normal, and then he leaves. And I feel sick again. Obviously, physically I feel the same any time, but morally, being without Yeonjun is draining my energy and already-low happiness. Doctors come and go from my room until 9 pm as soon as I finish eating. I feel like it's never the same one. 'Ma says I'm wrong, that there's actually only four of them, but to me, they're never the same.

I sleep through half of the Sunday, and by evening, the only-four-but-seemingly-fifty doctors check me up to make sure I'm healthy enough to go home.

When I do go out, my legs are still too weak to carry me up. They're done for. For real. I had a small hope that the doctors were wrong, but they weren't.

I leave the hospital at about 10 in the morning, and I remember that Yeonjun mentioned that he works now. I ask 'Ma if we can pay him a visit. She nods, helps me into the car and starts driving towards the café I remember he told me about. She pushes me into the café, and I get embarrassed at the thought of needing to be wheeled around. I can push myself on my own!

Yeonjun was behind the counter, just as I thought he'd be. He smiles at me when he sees me, and I smile back.

"Take whatever you want, hun" he whispers.

"Don't forget that I'm paying" scolds 'Ma. I laugh. These two really got to get along.

I just ask for an iced coffee and tell him to come see me this afternoon. He laughs and says he will. 'Ma picks a table that has a lot of space around for my wheelchair and we drink our drinks.

Once we get home (author's rushing through the useless info, but ignore that), I can barely wait until Yeonjun's shift is done, and ironically enough for a sick, dying man, I can't stay in place. I help 'Ma cook lunch, I attempt to climb onto the couch by myself - and manage to do so, I try to get back into my chair, I turn into a literal mat when I don't manage to, just lying on the floor and doing absolutely nothing. 'Ma carries me up and says I shouldn't be overdoing myself. I tell her that I wasn't doing anything, I was legit on the floor.

She puts me back into my chair and pushes me to the dining table to eat. I'm still really really slow, but I feel like I'm getting less tired. I tell 'Ma that I don't feel tired - because I don't - and ask if I can call Yeonjun, but she tells me to wait an hour so I'm sure he's done eating.

I wait only half an hour.

"Yeonjunie~" I say when he answers.

"Yes, baby," he chuckles.

"Can you come over??" I ask over excitedly.

"How about we go out together? Would your mother accept that?"

"Probably not. She might, but I'm scared she'll start panicking and constantly call me and we won't have a good time and she'll ask me to come home early"

He heaves a little sigh "Okay. I'll come to yours then. See you in 15"

He ends the call. I pull myself up onto the couch and wait for him. Once I hear the doorbell, I slide back into my wheelchair - I manage this time - and hurry up to open the door. Yeonjun looks slightly surprised when he doesn't see me looking at him at about his height, but that surprise quickly leaves.

"Baby!" he shouts slightly as he takes me into a hug.

"Has it really been so long since you've seen me? There was Saturday, and then this morning. Do you really miss me this much?"

"Yes, Beomie, yes. I missed you so much, even when you were in the hospital, I didn't feel like you were here."

"True, I didn't feel truly alive either"

I ask 'Ma if she can carry my wheelchair up to the first floor while Yeonjun carries me, and we go to my room.

"When will I be able to go out with you again?" asks Yeonjun

"As soon as I can prove to 'Ma that I'm feeling fine again. Right now, I still feel really tired, I don't want to leave the house, I'm scared I'll pass out"

"Okay, but whenever you're okay again, I'll take you fashion shopping, with my well-earnt money that I made!"

"Hey hey hey, you're not gonna pay everything"

"Of course I will! I'm preparing to be the breadwinner for both of us!"

I laugh "Does that mean you're preparing yourself to have to pay for huge shopping expenses like the cliché says?"

"I feel like I'll be the one making 90% of these huge shopping expenses" he admits jokingly. I laugh too.

Although what mostly makes me chuckle is how he's already planning out our future together. I smile weakly, not because I'm getting tired, but because I know that this future is probably never gonna happen, we need to stop hoping for a miracle. This isn't a movie. There'll be no miracle that'll give us a good ending.

I try to shake these sordid thoughts away. With my doctor, we proved that the happier I am, the longer I live, so I try to be happy amidst the chaos of my illness.

I can feel that Yeonjun is trying to do the same, too. He doesn't want to make me sad. He keeps trying to brighten the mood even though he probably also feels down.

I try to show him as much love as I can. As we're lying together on my bed, I kiss him, I hug him, I joke around with him. I make sure he's happy just like he makes sure I'm happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new updateee

It's a little short, I'm sorry.

That's all I gotta say.

Have a nice day and stay safe!