Chapter 24

(Here is a long update kinda because I haven't posted in a while. Hope you like it 😊)

Beomgyu POV

After a few days, Yeonjun texts me to tell me the exact date and time of this mysterious school meet-up and I ask 'Ma if I can go.

On the 7th of November (A/N: It's a random date, my timeline probably doesn't follow up but wHo CaReS?), date of the meet-up, 'Ma checks up on me and gives me the green light to go see him. She drives me to the high school, where I see just so many people and, standing out in the crowd, Yeonjun's blueberry hair. I speedwalk to him, slowing down slightly as I get close in case I'm about to backhug the wrong person, and when I realise it's really him, I…

...well, backhug him.

"Why here? Why so many people?" I say.
He clears his throat: " You used your talent for me. I'm using mine for you"
"Are you gonna sing in front of everyone here?" I ask worriedly. I'm getting embarrassed already.

He sings well... At least he says he does, but that's not the issue.

"Yup. But don't worry, they won't get it like you will. They won't know if it's dedicated or not"

I smile to him. Soon, we hear someone call Yeonjun.

"I have to go. This one's for you, babe" he says as he kisses my forehead and makes his way through the crowd to the stage.

He takes the mic, looks at someone in the staff, then turns to the audience, eyes on me.

I watch as he takes a deep breath and starts to sing.

(The song may seem weird but I swear it's cute)

🎵Now I can't picture my life without you by my side
Couldn't let you go
I'll never let you go

Someday when I die, and I close both my eyes
You should know that I'm coming back to haunt you
Someday when I go, and I turn into a ghost
You should know that I'm coming back to haunt you
Cuz I don't want nobody else to have you 🎶

I don't realise that I'm crying until Yeonjun wipes away a few tears. I look up at him and whisper the only words I can manage at the moment:
"I love you"

He smiles, blushing and pulls me towards the inside of the school, to the second floor, in the bathroom, to kiss me. A long, passionate kiss like one we haven't been able to do during the last few months because of how ill I've been.

Once we're done - it didn't last long no worries - Yeonjun and I go back to the ground floor and head towards 'Ma, who was waiting for us outside the school. She offers Yeonjun to stay home tonight because of all the things he's done for me, and he accepts!

I'm so happy.

Yeonjun calls his father to warn him about the sudden plans and, once he gets the right to spend the night with me, we start heading home.

The first thing we do when we're back is run up to my bedroom, 'Ma staying downstairs to watch one of her series now that Junie is here to take care of me.

In my bedroom, I let Yeonjun make himself comfortable on my bed and look through my closet for some oversized clothes of mine he could use as a pyjama. I settle on an oversized red sweatshirt with sweater paws and some random checkered baggy pants and literally throw the outfit in his face.

Just for fun.

I chuckle as he complains and jump down on the bed beside him, stretching my arms out, requesting a cuddle.