Chapter Fifteen

(New update weeeeeeeeeee)

Still Yeonjun POV (I promise to put some Beomgyu POV soon)

I look down at the piece of paper I have been trying to write on for the past ten minutes. It's been two months since I met Beomgyu. Two months since I started dating this angel, and I want him to meet my other friends.

I know he doesn't like being around many people, but it's just two, so it should be fine.

My only problem is that I don't know how to tell them that I have a boyfriend and that he's sick and basically dying.

I decided to host some sort of party with Beomgyu and them, but I can't decide what to write in my email to each of them.

After hesitating for a good five more minutes, I decided to go with something totally banal and typical to an invitation:

𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚈𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚗.
𝚆𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎, 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐?
𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝. 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝-𝚝𝚘-𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢.
𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎,
𝚈𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚎

I sigh at how banal and stupid this all sounds and send the two emails. After about an hour, they had both texted me back and said it was ok for them, so I went to Beomgyu's.

"It's just to meet them. I promise they're nice" I say, trying to convince Beomgyu that it's worth it as he slowly fades under his already huge pile of pillows and plushies. He answers me, but I can't understand him anymore because of how muffled his voice is.

"Get out of this pillow fort and talk to me, Gyu. I don't understand anything"
"This fort is my wall between me and social life" I hear him say, although it sounds like he's screaming through the pillows.

"Please. They're nice people, and they won't mind. I'm sure they won't. If you want, we can even not tell them about your illness-"
"Because you actually thought we would?!" He says, lifting his body up and breaking his tower, "No, Junie. This is personal shit. I wouldn't have told you if you hadn't asked"
"I'm sorry"
"It's ok, you probably already knew anyways, but I'm not telling them, ever"
"But will you come?" I ask, full of hope.

He grunts: "I'll ask 'Ma and silently hope she says no"
"Beomgyuuuuu please" I say, making sure to show all the little things I know he falls for everytime.
"I hate you. But fine, I'll go if she's okay with it" he says as he jogs downstairs to the living room.

Both Dr. Jeon and Mrs Choi were surprised at how energetic he's been these past four weeks. He keeps running around and he's always in a good mood. The three of us are hoping that he'll be able to live with his illness for a little longer, but nothing is ever certain.

I also go down to the living room to hear the outcome of my idea, and I hear Mrs Choi say yes. Beomgyu looks at me with a shit-I-wish-she-had-said-no look on his face and I laugh.

This kid I swear.

The next day, I prepare everything for when they all arrive, even calling Beomgyu to ask how he's feeling as I clean up the living room. Mom and Dad leave the house at about 2pm so that they won't bother us, and half an hour later, I hear the doorbell ring.

I nervously get the door and smile at the red haired boy in front of me.

(A/N: You don't mind if I mix eras a little? I just find red hair Taehyun too iconic to ignore. I can change it if you don't like it)

"Taehyun! It's so good to see you again!" I say, still slightly nervous.
"I'm sorry to arrive this early but you don't seem sorry for not contacting me in two months" he says, low-key mad.

I cringe a little at my own mistake. I've been so much with Beomgyu I haven't kept in contact with my friends, and he's right: I forgot about it so much I barely felt guilty until now.

"Anyway, where and who is that someone I had to reluctantly agree to meet if it meant seeing you again?" He says, still sounding mad.
"A-Are you in a bad mood..?" I say hesitantly.
"Kinda. Not Really. It's just that I'm gonna have to talk to people I don't know, and I don't want to ruin everything"
"It's fine, nothing bad will happen. And you're early, he's not here yet. Kai's coming too"
"Cool, he's way more ok with talking to people"
"I'm not so sure about that anymore" I admit as I let him enter the house.

He takes a seat on the couch and I bring him a glass of water. We get to chat barely a minute before the doorbell rings again. This time, it's my baby at the door and his mother. I welcome both of them in and directly introduce Beomgyu to Taehyun, but both of them barely manage to whisper greetings to one another.

When Mrs Choi opens the door to leave, I see Kai's father's car in the driveway and wait for him outside.

This little energetic kid runs to me as soon as he sees me.

"Yeonjun hyung! It's been soooo long" he says, jumping around.

I chuckle: "It has, Kai. Come in"

Taehyun gives Kai a hug once he's inside and I do another round of presentations for Kai and Beomgyu.

And Tae was right, Kai starts talking to him in an almost oppressive way almost instantly.

"Kai, chill. Give the poor guy space to breathe" says Tae as he notices Beomgyu's nervousness.
"Sorry. But you know I talk aaalllllllll the time"
"That's the problem. He barely knows you, ok?"
"It kinda sounds like you're scolding him" says Gyu in a tiny voice.

Tae stops in his tracks, turning to Beomgyu.
"You're.... Beomgyu, right?" He asks, continuing as Beomgyu nodded. "Well, for your information, he's always like that and he needs some serious educating"
"Oh my god, are you gonna spank me?" says Kai sarcastically.
"You little shit-"

And in an instant, Tae was chasing Kai around the house, and Beomgyu and I were rolling on the floor, laughing.

"Help me you two!"Tae screams from the kitchen.

Beomgyu was standing up in an instant and waiting at the kitchen door.

When Kai passes, he catches him, wrapping his arms around the younger boy like a hug and pushing his feet together while leaning against the wall.

It is only when Kai stops screaming for him to let go that he starts talking:
"You can't move"
"No shit. Let me go!"
"No. This is fun"
"Gimme the prisoner" Tae says as he gets ready to trap Kai himself. Beomgyu pushes the youngest off his body and onto Tae's, who places his arm behind Kai's knee and starts to carry him away and into the living room.

"You're strong" says Beomgyu as he sits down beside me on the couch, panting from trying to stop Kai's movement.

"This guy exercises ten days a week!" Kai complains as he is - rather violently - thrown onto the armrest chair beside us.
"That must've hurt" I comment, looking up at Tae.
"Who cares?"
"Well, me!" says Kai, annoyed.

We chat and play for about three hours when I hear the doorbell ring again.

"My parents must be home, I'll go get it" I say, standing up from the couch.

Who I saw at the door wasn't my parents, nor even Beomgyu's mother or Kai's father.

"Hey, Junie. It's been a while"

Tae joins me at the door and gasps, seemingly happy while I just stand there, mouth open, a feeling of fear in me.

"Soobin?!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Ha! Gotcha!

Yes that's the actual ending.

But chapter sixteen is already half done.

Welp gudbai