Chapter 31

Beomgyu POV

I follow Yeonjun back to the room, trying to still seem cool after blocking a swimsuit on my hips. Why did I even try it on? It could barely pass my butt! How did I even manage to fit it up? And why didn't I tell myself to stop!? I had to text Yeonjun and tell him to come help me, and until now, I still don't know how I managed to not die of embarrassment texting him. He was having fun at first, he probably thought it was a joke. Damn, I'm really dumb.

Yeonjun notices my guilty silence, and tells me that it's alright, that there's nothing wrong with what just happened, and that it was just unexpected for both of us. I nod, still feeling slightly guilty.

"Did you put the one that fits you back on?" he asks, that twinkle in his eyes making its way back now that the embarrassment has dimmed. I nod.

"Okay. I have to put mine on," he says, "you can make your way downstairs already if you want, or stay in the room, I don't care"

"Did you... not care to begin with or are you not caring now because of what happened?" I say, slightly hurt at the tone of the 'I don't care'.

"I don't think I cared to begin with. I'm not much of a bashful person to be honest"

"If you say so," I whisper as we enter his room. I quickly go to the bed before he can, lying down and pulling the sheets over me. I hear Yeonjun chuckle as he comes to the bed and lifts the sheets to my chin, kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight babe, but don't sleep too long, we'll go to the lake once I'm ready," he says.

"I'm not going to sleep, this bed and sheets are just soooo comfy. I remember when I came over to sleep... soooo cozy," I say.

While Yeonjun is changing, he tells me about how he noticed that my words slur much less now, and I agree. I try to find a good position to lie in in the bed, moving around noisily and throwing the sheets around.

"Stop messing up my bed! I actually made it this morning, I usually never do!" groans Yeonjun, complaining. I stand up and redo the bed, making everything as perfect as when I jumped on it.

While I wait for him to finish, I take a look at other things around his room.

"You can look now, you know?" I hear Yeonjun say in a teasing tone. I turn around to see my baby in his swimsuit pulling up a pair of dark red shorts, which looks really good with his black UV shirt.

He throws another UV shirt to me: a navy blue one, way too tight for Yeonjunie to fit in it. I take off my shirt and put it on, struggling with the long sleeves. The tightness of it feels rather uncomfortable, but I quickly get used to it.

"You ready? Lezgo!" He says, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me towards him. I give him a quick, tight hug before following him downstairs, bidding goodbye to our parents as we go. As soon as we're out, we run around the house and to the lake, racing each other. Because I'm faster, I turn around once we get close to the lake, laughing at Yeonjun for being so slow. I forget how close I am to the lake, and suddenly fall into the water.

I try to get back on my feet, but I keep sinking. I panic slightly, trying to swim back up, but as soon as my head is underwater, the flashbacks start.

I see my brother and me, in the water, a few years before my condition. I see us playing together. I see my brother pushing me into the water, pushing me down, underwater, putting all his weight on me. I hear his laugh. I hear his voice. 'I think you lost lil bro'. I hear 'Pa. I hear him shout to get me back up. I feel the pain in my lungs as I try my best not to let the reflex get me, try my best not to take a breath in the water.