Chapter Eight

(A/N: I can't believe this book has over 200 views, I'm so happy!!! I love posting this story and I think have more fun doing so than posting any of the other stories I've written on other platforms, and it's all thanks to you, you reader over there who probably already has enough of all my talking)

YEONJUN POV

Beomgyu and I climbed over the fence towards the lake, this time without the floatie, and made our way towards the water. Beomgyu seemed to be getting more nervous as we approached the lake, so I tried my best to reassure him.

"I'll be there for you, no matter what" I say, knowing that won't help much.

"Thanks hyung". I chuckle. I scared him a little by being so mean before.

"No, really. If you don't want to swim directly, I can carry you"

"Nah, I'm sure I can handle"

"You're damn right you can"

"Super Gyu!" He says, throwing his hands in the air. I smile. This boy is just... adorable. He flexes his looks a lot, and I sometimes think he doesn't realise how cute he is.

"Sure, sure, Gyuie"

"Gyuie.... I don't really like how that sounds... Sorry"

"Gyu-Gyu?"

"Nah"

"Okay then, just Gyu"

He smiled at me and damn, his smile is CUTE.

I may or may not have busted a couple thousand uwus.

Surprisingly, he is the first one to jump into the water once we reach the lake. He sits down in the sand at the bottom of the lake and stays there, looking at me as I swim around. I always take short glances at him, and I know that he notices them.

After a while, Beomgyu seems to get used to the water and starts swimming cautiously over to me.

"Hold meeeeee" he says, looking at me like there was some sort of octopus in the lake that could grab his leg and pull him down. I hold him by the waist and hug him tightly.

"I'll protect you Beomie!" I say, playing his game.

"Protect me from the monsters of the waters!"

"Must protecc" I say, laughing. I edge closer to the edge of the lake.

"We're almost there, soldier. We're almost there" I say. Beomgyu gets out of my grip and swims to shore slowly.

"Something's holding me back Junie!"

I look at him, surprised.

"Junie?!"

He stops. "You don't like it?"

"I do, I do. I was just surprised" I say, smiling to myself. Junie...

"Junie! There's a monster in the water! He's got my leg!" Beomgyu's shouts, his mind back to the game.

"I will save you!" I dive underwater and grab Beomgyu's ankle, pretending to free him from something, and come back up to the surface.

"Let's get out of the water before the monster gets us again!" I pull Beomgyu out of the water beside me. As soon as we get out, we both start trembling. I wrap Beomgyu in a towel first before drying myself with another one.

"That was fun!" Beomgyu says, looking at me.

"Yup, that sure was. God I'm so childish" I say, blushing.

"It's okay, I am too"

We then hear thunder rumbling over us. I feel a couple raindrops land in my face. Beomgyu noticed the rain too as he suddenly shuts his eyes because of a raindrop.