Chapter 41

Yeonjun POV

When I wake up, I'm in my bed, in my house, with Beomgyu sitting on one side of me, Mom on the other.

"You're awake? Are you feeling any better?" asks Beomgyu in a soft voice.

I nod and excuse myself.

"It's okay. It was really stressful out there. They didn't change anything to your father's sentence if that's what you're wondering"

I nod again "Great, I don't want them to think I fainted from the horror of such a punishment. I think it was just how much my father has done... I guess that, until now, I was really just in denial"

It's his turn to nod, but he also gives me a big hug. A nice, warm, tight, comfortable cuddle. I like nice, warm, tight, comfortable cuddles, especially from Beomie.

My baby bear Beomie...

ilovehim

Mom leaves us together, giving us some extra privacy, not that we care about getting all cuddly-touchy-lovey with my mother there.

But Beomgyu doesn't cuddle me much longer, because he starts to talk about all sensitive shit making me wanna cry.

"Listen, I know this is going to be a difficult time for you. We don't know how long your father will be in the asylum for, and he's never been like this to you, so I want you to know that I'll be there for you till the day I die, even if it's not that far away I promise I'll be there for you till then, okay? Please, don't feel embarrassed about talking about it with me, don't feel awkward about all that happened yesterday, alright?"

I nod, unable to speak because the second I do I'm probably gonna break down in huge sobs, because yes, I know, I'm already crying.

I realise that Beomgyu wants to keep talking, so I sit up on my bed and kiss him on the lips before he even speaks the slightest syllable.

Sadly, we don't get the chance to spend the day together, because Beomgyu's mother wants him to go get a checkup again, so Mom and I are left alone. I don't feel like socialising, so I stay in my room, doing some sort of solo fashion show, emptying my closet, in what was to begin with an attempt to sort out the old clothes that have either become too short or too worn out to - hopefully - have an excuse to buy new clothes next time with my baby. At least I got these clothes sorted out, and judged that I had enough space in my closet, enough clothes too worn or small, to spend some time shopping with Beomgyu.

So now I'm bored again. I don't know what to do, and I don't feel like doing anything. I guess I'm just... lost without Beomgyu.

Or maybe I'm just dramatising because I'm bored.

...

Yeah.

But it doesn't change the fact that I have nothing to do.

I end up playing a video game, and once I realise that Beomgyu's online - probably back from his checkup, I enter his world. He and I play around and chat. I ask him how it went, he asks how I'm doing. I say I'm a little bored, he says his doctor is impressed by his speedy recovery. I ask him when he'll be free next, he says it won't be until the following weekend. I send him a little crying emoji, and he says it's because he's trying to make his mother get back in contact with her old friends, especially after the fright he gave her, and she apparently now feels like she truly just can't not care constantly for him. I tell him that I'm scared that she won't let us hang out alone anymore, hoping it won't make him feel like I'm making up excuses, but he doesn't think so, and says she'll probably let us be together alone because she trusts me. I smile, and ask him to thank her for me. About a few minutes later, he says his mother answered me with a 'you're welcome'. I smile to myself.