Chapter Eleven

(Fun fact, I was tempted to write 'Chapter Onety-One'
I'm sorry I'm an awkward person)

BEOMGYU POV

When I wake up the next day, I feel something on my lips, and I realise he's kissing me. I smile and kiss back, startling him.

"Aren't you asleep?"

"I just woke up" I say, chuckling.

He turns to his phone and looks at the time.

"Damn, it's already 10am, we should probably get breakfast before it's too late" he says, getting up and grabbing some clothes to change. I turn to face the side of the tent, not wanting to invade his privacy. I hear him moving around behind me and stop. I suddenly feel his hand on my shoulder, making me jump as I turn around.

He's holding my outfit for the day in one hand while turning me towards him with the other. He was seemingly surprised at my jump because he backed off.

"I'm sorry" he says.

"It's okay. I'm just very jumpy" I answer as I grab my outfit.

He smiles to himself and turns around for me to change. While I start pulling my jeans up, I feel someone looking at me. I turn around and realise he's still looking the other way.

So I keep changing, still feeling that someone is looking at me. And when I'm ready, I turn swiftly to see Yeonjun lowering his gaze.

"So you were looking at me" I say, relieved that it's not a stranger but still very embarrassed.

He blushes, looking down at his feet.

"Why?" I ask, trying to sound as calm as possible, trying to hide my embarrassment "my body isn't worth your sight. I'm thin, weak and sickly pale. I'm not bulky, and although I'm tall, I'm not the best beauty"

"You are" he says, looking me in the eyes.

"You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I'm not sure what I was looking at. I spaced out, thinking about you and me. Thinking about you because you are beautiful. I don't care if you're thin, sick, not built. You're pretty. You look pretty to me"

My eyes fill with tears at his words and I jump into his arms. I mumble "thank you"s over and over, crying softly in his shirt, feeling his hand in my hair, caressing it, running his fingers through it, feeling each and every second like it was the last thing he'd ever touch like he would never touch it again.

He does so all the time. He always hugs me, looks at me and touches my face and hair like it's the last time.

And it's the best feeling in the world.

Yeonjun pulls away from me, still holding my hand, as he starts to speak.

"I'll get some things out for our breakfast"

He stands up and goes to one of the bags at the far corner of the tent. I watch, almost drooling, as he takes out a bunch of Danish pastries.

"You bought that for us?!" I say, surprised. I never eat any pastries. With all the care I need because of my illness and the appointments with Dr. Jeon, 'Ma doesn't have enough money for little sweet things like pastries and candies. We barely have enough to buy basic food until the end of one month.

Yeonjun nods and places the pastries on his tent mattress.

"Yup, all for us!" He says as he grabs a pastry and starts biting into it energetically.

I hesitate as I move my hand towards the bag of pastries, my oversized sweater's sleeve hovering dangerously close to a chocolate Danish, almost getting dirty. I grab that pastry and bring it to my mouth, still extremely hesitant.