Chapter 18

Yeonjun POV

The first thing I do once I get home after visiting Beomgyu is say as many excuses as I can manage to Dad and Beomgyu's mother.
I should've helped him instead of hiding Soobin, but something made me want to hide the fact that he was back. Maybe the past, or the fact that I was already dating Beomgyu and I didn't want to remember him myself.

I explain to mom and dad what exactly happened last night and take full responsibility of what happened to Beomgyu, but all of a sudden, what he said at the hospital comes back to my mind.
"I'm trying to protect you here"

How rude.

Just... rude.

I told dad about what he said and was this close to calling his mother about him, but I remembered.

He probably ruined their relationship.

"His mother is going to go back to the hospital to get him home. I'm sure he only said that because of all the meds. He didn't truly think it" says dad as I apologize even more for my actions.

"Could I... go see him once he's home? He deserves excuses too. Maybe he's just a little mad because I also owe him excuses but I didn't tell him any" I say, hoping it's all that he'll need to understand what he's done.

So, as soon as Mrs. Choi says that they're home, I get in the car and drive to Beomgyu's house.

"Yeonjun... why are you here?" says Mrs. Choi once she opens the door.

"I owe Beomgyu excuses. I owe you some too" I answer, asking right after if I can enter.

She pushed the door back and let's me in, seemingly nervous.

"I must tell you something before you go see Beomgyu" she says, "He... he reacted rather badly to what you told him before you left. I think he was really trying to make things easier for you, and... he's rather mad"

I nod and thank her as I climb up the stairs to Beomgyu's room.

"Beomgyu? It's me. I owe you excuses" I say once I reach his door.

He opens after a few seconds. "Oh. Ok. I owe you some too"

I enter after him. I watch worriedly as he barely manages to walk to his bed.

"Things have been getting worse for a few hours, don't worry about me. I owe you so much. I'm so sorry. I got so offended for no reason and.... And I thought bad stuff about you and I said I hated you and I didn't truly mean it and I'm sorry"
"You said what?" I say, surprised.
"Yeah. I said I hated you just because I didn't get the answer I wanted from you. I'm a hypocrite, I know. I didn't have the time to rethink my words before they were out and I'm so sorry"
"Listen, it's okay, it happens to be mad. I'm also sorry. I swear I'm thankful for what you did, but I just thought you shouldn't have ruined your family relationship because of my mistakes"
"I'm sorry"
"No I'm sorry"
"No I'm sorry!" He says, laughing.

The next ten minutes were a fight of apologies thrown to one another and ended with both of us laughing on his bed.

After the laughs, I look down at him and realise what he meant earlier, when he said things were getting worse. He was lying down on his bed, barely able to move.

"I still can't catch my breath well, I think Soobin's blow was really bad"
"Do you need me to leave?"
"No, no don't worry. I like your company, it's just hard to move, I also think it's my sickness weakening me"

I nod and bend down to hug him tight. We stay like this for a while before I feel his lips on my neck.

"I love you, Yeonjun. No matter what I say when I'm mad or sad, I love you"

I smile: "I love you too, BabyGyu"

He then breaks the hug to smile at me and pushes me weakly up. I sit upright and watch as he strains to sit up.

"I... I gotta go downstairs with 'Ma. Could you help me out?"
"Anytime, Gyu" I say as I lift him out of his bed and set him down on his feet.

I sigh. Looks like this is the best he'll get now.

I bring him downstairs and sit down beside him on the couch, his mother to his right while I'm on his left.

"You didn't have to come down, I was alright on my own" says Mrs. Choi while combing her son's hair.
"But I wanted to stay with you" answers Beomgyu with a pout.

We stayed silent for a while, watching the TV series Mrs. Choi was watching.

"Can I go back to bed? I'm tired. You can leave if you want, Junie" says Beomgyu as he tried to get up.
"I'll bring you" I say, getting up and helping him.

"Please, go back to your house. Don't wait for me to wake up cuz I might as well sleep all night through" he says as I lay him down in his bed.

I nod and close his curtains before leaving the room. I head back downstairs and grab my bag before turning to Mrs. Choi.

"Is this the best he'll be now?"
She sighs: "Dr. Jeon thinks it'll be a little better if he rests well, but with all the recent movements and that fight, he won't be able to be completely fine again"
"Ok" I whisper as I walk towards her "I'm sorry"
"It's ok, Yeonjun. It's not your fault. We don't have much of a choice"

A little pause.

"Are you leaving? Here take this" she says as she stands up and goes to the kitchen, bringing out a bunch of muffins for it.

"Beomgyu's personal favourite. I'm giving you a couple because he might eat everything if I leave them all here and, well, I owe you one for the pastries"
"Thanks Mrs. Choi" I say as I take the muffins and drive back home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another terrible ending!

I'll try to post as much as I can, but with school now it'll be a little bit harder, so please be patient 🙃

Baii