Chapter Fourteen

(A/N: I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY AND THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY BUT I NEED TO ADD CHARACTERS AND I NEED TO ADD A TIME SKIP AND SO THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE EXTRA LONG I'M SORRY I'M SORRY)

YEONJUN POV

Once I leave Beomgyu's room, I hug his plushie tightly. It's crazy how much it smells like him, feels like him.

He said it was his favourite before the one his father gave him.

Should I really take it with me?

I look down at the pink teddy bear, hesitant, looking back and forth from the teddy to the bedroom door.

He said I could take it...

I think about how close I feel to him with this plushie and place it in my bag, head outside so that it could breathe, and walk to the kitchen, where Beomgyu's mother was preparing some snacks.

"Need a hand?" I say as I enter.
"What about Gyu?"
"He's sleeping"

She whispers a soft "oh" and accepts my help. I look down at the cake she's making and help her.

"So uh.... How long have you guys been together before your mother's message?" says Beomgyu's mother after a while.
"About two weeks" I say, embarrassed.
"So it's been a month..?" She says.

Another moment of silence.

"Please take care of him. He's not used to having much attention. He hasn't had many friends since his diagnosis. He's fragile" she continued.
"I will"

She sighed: " Can you go wake him up?"

I nodded and started going up the stairs.

"Is that Beomgyu's?"

I turned around and looked down at the teddy bear, nodding softly.

"He must really like you"

I smiled at Mrs. Choi's comment and went up to my baby's room.

When I arrived. Gyu was already awake and pouting.

"You promised you'd be there when I wake up. You're a liar!"
"I'm here, I'm here. I was helping your mother in the kitchen"
"Why? It's like, 3pm. I'm not hungry"
"She baked a cake"

Beomgyu frowned: "she doesn't bake many cakes anymore"

Beomgyu hadn't told me when his birthday was, but I was pretty sure it wasn't today, so I didn't understand why his mother was baking a cake if she never did so, but I didn't question it too long and started pulling Beomgyu's arm.

"Nuuuuuu" he complained.
"Get out of the bed!"
"NUUUUUU" he shouted as he held on to the mattress, "'MAAAAAAAA"

In an instant, Mrs. Choi was at the door, looking worried, but she chuckled when she saw what situation her son was in.

"Help meeeeee" begged BabyGyu.

She crossed her arms and smiled, shaking her head. Beomgyu pouted and stuck out his tongue at her.

"Come on, Beomgyu. I baked a special cake"
"Why? You never bake cakes"

Mrs. Choi looked at me, then at her son before continuing.
"Yeonjun and I did the maths-"
"I did maths?" I said, surprised as to when I did maths.

I dropped out of school for a reason, missy.
"I mean, I did the maths- and you guys have been dating for a month, so I baked a cake"

Beomgyu stayed silent, smiling.

"You never bake cakes.... Are you really that much invested in my relationship?" He said, tears welling in his eyes.

Mrs. Choi smiled and nodded.

Beomgyu stood out of bed with me still holding his arm and brought the three of us into a hug.

"Thank you mom. I love you so, so much"

Mrs. Choi broke the hug and brought us to the kitchen, where a really nice chocolate cake was waiting on the table. Beomgyu walked up to it, his hand almost touching the cake.

"I remember when you used to do cakes for our birthdays with my brother. But when he left and I got my diagnosis, you stopped. You never told me why"

Mrs. Choi looked down sadly. "I'm sorry darling. You always needed so much care and I just didn't think you'd want a cake anymore. I also think I didn't have the time or wanting to do it. But now, I feel like with Yeonjun you're gonna be out more and have a better time, so I'll try to bake more cakes for us and Yeonjun's family."
"Oh, am I included in the 'us'"? I asked, hoping it wasn't too rude to ask.

"Of course you are. I'm not only talking to Beomgyu!" said Mrs. Choi as she hugged me tightly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Very very very sorry I hope this chapter was good tho.

Horrid ending again but whateva.

By the way, should I make a Oneshot book for times like these when I don't post? Idk my friend says I'm good at Oneshots but I think they're chaotic but it's your choice..

Have a good day/night