Chapter 2 : Sudden Feeling

•11 May 2021•

She was packing her bags while humming to a random song but her mind was clouded by different thoughts. The dream she had last night was still so vivid in her memory and she was still in denial that she saw them again. No doubt she used to dream about them often but they were just old memories, however this dream was different. I felt like they were infront of her, talking to her. She saw her mother who was smiling while stroking the chestnut locks of her daughter, she saw her father who was as usual just admiring her, looking at her with heart eyes.

The words they said were still ringing in her ears, 'Treat them like your own family'. Smiling to herself, she took another box and started putting her school supplies into it. There wasn't much stuff as all she had were some books, a lamp from her cousin and a diary. A pastel pink diary with the words LOVE YOURSELF engraved at the centre. The diary which knew all her secrets, her past and present. The diary in which she wrote the happiest and toughest moments of her life. The diary which saw her crumble apart and fix herself repeatedly.

Once everything was packed, she made her way towards the lobby to meet the owners of the orphanage, Mrs and Mr Oh.

"Eunjae! Here are the papers. Sign them giving Mr and Mrs Kim the permission to adopt you." The elderly lady, almost the age of 55, said handing Eunjae the papers. Her hazel hair mixed with greyish strands were loosely tied up in a bun, the wrinkles appearing under her eyes with the smile she passed Eunjae weren't enough to hide her charming looks. Her honey brown skin was still glowing at her age and her ever-smiling face was the touch up.

"I have packed all my stuff Mrs Oh." She said signing the papers and giving it back to her. "Do you perhaps know how Mr and Mrs Kim know me? I never saw them here before." She asked, still not getting the point of how on earth she managed to catch attention of the never before seen couple.

"I don't know dear. They came here a week ago asking about the girl who performed in the Christmas event which we organised. We immediately recognised that they were talking about you. They said they really liked your dancing and singing." She said, reviewing the papers once again and then walking towards Mr Kim, not forgetting to ruffle the girl's hair before going.

The action made Eunjae smile as she too left the lobby and went to the garden, hoping that the little kids would be there to play with. It was no more surprising to her that she stole the attention from her performance at the festival which led to her adoption. She remembers singing Photograph by Ed and dancing lyrical to it, a song that reminded her of the memories she shared with her parents.
_

_______________________________________________________

•13 May 2021•

Rubbing her eyes, she slupmly sat on her bed, waiting for the morning laziness to go away. Waking up early wasn't something she was an expert at but she had to get ready as soon as possible. Without any doubt she was excited. Excited to know how her new house would look like, how her new parents will greet her, how her brothers would be. Taking a quick shower she went to the dining area but wasn't even able to have a proper breakfast today because she already lost the appetite due to the curiousity within her with a pinch of nervousness and fear.

She feared if they all would like her. They can't send her back to orphanage right? But nevertheless she wanted to be her own self in front of them. No fake expressions and no extra high class etiquettes. She promised herself to show them who she really is. She was confident that her parents have raised her to be a genuine person with values and humanity and there's no way she's gonna leave all this behind.