Chapter 60 - Hidden Tears

•11 September 2021•
Saturday

Tears

A word so simple yet so hard to understand. It has the capability to express emotions at their highest point, the capability to either fix or break a person from inside. Its something that requires utmost strength to show to the world and yet the taboo will label them as a sign of weakness.

What really is weakness? Is it to be able to express yourself freely, to be able to pour out your emotions at one of your most vulnerable state when you fear to let others seep into you? Or is it to constantly suppress your thoughts inside your mind allowing them to gradually form a tornado that'll one day take everything from you away within a snap?

Surprisingly according to society it's the former. But should it really be?

It's much less tiring to hide your emotions than to be able to express them in words. It's much easier to lock up your fears somewhere deep inside than to wake up and face them each day. It takes next to no effort in moving on with life as if nothing happened than to sit and contemplate what's wrong and then trying ways to set it right.

It's a game of weaklings to hide your tears from the world than to let them flow down and unmasking your scars.

Who knew someday you will find yourself surrounded by people who'll explain you this simple yet hard to get concept in the best way possible. People in your life who'll show you that sometimes walking alone isn't as much appealing as walking down the same path with your hands being engulfed someone who's there for you, always.

You flipped through the photo album, reliving every moment all over again as if it happened just yesterday. There was picture of Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin and you that Jin took on your first day to the college. You still remember how unpleased the three boys were to the idea of you being in the photo. It wasn't a secret that your addition in their life wasn't much of a happy news to them.

The next one was a selfie with Yoongi that you both took when he brought you out for ice cream after your failed attempt. Though the story behind it was not something you'll want to be reminded of, that few hours with him were something you'll definitely not want to forget. That was the first time you saw Yoongi as someone you could rely on, the first time he opened up to you and the first time you felt bond towards him.

Then was a picture of ramen and cola. A small chuckle escaped your lips when the story behind it made it's appearance once again. It was from the time you prepared a meal for Jin for the first time. Picking up a pen from the nearest drawer, you scribbled 'Mission : 7 Blind Jerks Target 1 - Failed' at the right corner. The mission almost skipped your mind due to all the chaos that occurred days following it.

Your happy smile got replaced by a sad one at the next picture. Jungkook was laying on the bed with various IV tubes attached to him while Namjoon was trying to feed him. It still hurts to imagine that time, the time you saw all the boys crumble right in front of your eyes while all you did was stand and watch. It was a phase that you couldn't put in the category of happy or sad. The boys finally started accepting you in their lives, you were able to establish the first brick of your relationship with Taehyung. But it was also the period the biggest fear of your life resurfaced, the fear of facing the actual devils of your life.

And oh! The next picture would forever remain a mystery. It was of Namjoon peacefully sleeping with his arm draped around a girl in an protective manner. A memory that still makes you all warm from inside knowing that it was the time when you finally allowed your hidden tears to shed down, when you opened up about your past with one of the boys for the first time. And you were so glad it was Namjoon, the boy who made you feel secure when you went into a panic attack. However which of the boys clicked this picture was still a mystery you would like to solve.