Chapter 24 : Monsters

•4 June 2021•

Jin looked into the contract as he edited the details once again. The company would go through a huge loss with even the slightest of mistake. The stocks were already falling rapidly and he can't afford any more loss than the company was already facing.

'Come in' he said when he heard the knock at his door. He looked at the figure entering the room from the corner of his eyes and groaned internally. All he needed was some time alone to finish this damn contract but was it too much to ask for?

"What do you want now Eunjae?" He said in his cold voice. He knew how rude it must have sounded but he didn't care because all his focus right now was the contract.

"I-I brought you something to eat." He heard the fear in your voice. Was it because of him? He thought but once again he shrugged it. He don't need something to eat right now, his mind can't even frame a proper contract then how could he eat? Can't you understand that all he requires right now is some peace?

"I don't need it. Now go." He uttered once again without even minding to look up at the girl holding the tray of food in her hands.

He should be grateful that she thought about him and brought him some food because no deny he was damn hungry. He didn't even have the lunch today because of all this chaos of stocks and the new collaboration.

"But-"

"Eunjae can't you see that i'm busy. just leave!" He regretted. He regretted raising his voice at you when all this wasn't even your fault, when you didn't even know what he was going through. You were just making an effort to relieve his stress right? Is this how you should be treated?

He wanted to apologize but he didn't. His male ego was much more greater and more over he decided to ignore you since that day you disrespectfully left him on the rooftop, since the day you broke his trust. You should be the one to come and talk to him. You should be the one to apologize.

'But she already did. Its your turn to apologize. Feel sorry for treating her so insensitively.' His inner self reminded him but it was too late. You were already out of the room while your phone and tray of food were kept on the side table. He knew it wasn't completely your fault that day. He knew he did a blunder by bringing up the death of your parents but his anger spoke something else. He can apologize when you'll come back to get your phone, right?

Once again he heard soft knocks on the door and thinking it's you again he softly ordered a 'come in'. He'll apologize today and make everything between you and him right once again.

"Hyung? You're doing some work?" Instead of you Jimin's figure entered the room while holding a book and a some files. Proceeding to where Jin was seated, he kept the book and files on the table as his eyes fell on the bowl of ramen and coke.

"You should have told you needed something to eat. I would have made it." He said taking a seat on the bed.

"Ahh I didn't make it, Eunjae did... " And once again he turned to his laptop with creases visible on his forehead.

"You didn't eat it?"

"You should be happy that I didn't eat what she brought to me. You hate her right? I'm not even talking to her now-a-days." Though he was talking to Jimin but all his attention was still on the new book that Jimin brought and the files that were scattered on the table

"Hyung, can I.... Can I ask you something?" He said while nervously fidgeting his fingers as his voice was hesitant and curious. Noticing the change of attitude of his younger brother, Seokjin diverted his attention from the files to Jimin, who was looking at the floor.