Chapter 46 : Beautiful Scars

•16 July 2021•

Your breathes became heavy and a familiar fear creeped inside you after reading the message. 'Fuck fuck fuck! This can't be happening so soon, not when my life is finally coming back on track.' You cursed at the universe and abruptly stood up from to couch, rushing into your room.

Watching you run into your room caught the attention of other three figures present in the room. They were dumbfounded at your sudden departure.

"What happened?" Taehyung, who was until now busy bickering with Hyunji, asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she just remembered something."

Shrugging off, Jimin once again went back to the project while Taehyung and Hyunji continued their debate over 'if novels are better or movies'.

Meanwhile you were sitting on your bed, your heart beating like crazy, as you read the same texts again and again. A whimper left your mouth but you placed your hand over your lips to muffle the sounds. What would you do now? You don't even know if you're strong enough to face them all over again.

The one's who were responsible for your traumas, the one's who made you and your brother part ways forever, the one who killed your parents. All the past memories that you buried deep down inside you suddenly hit you again, as if they were carved on the stone and can never be washed away.

You bit your bottom lip and, tossing the phone on the bed, clutched your golden brown locks, pulling them until the pain becomes unbearable. The action caused the freshly healed wounds of your hands to reopen as the once white bandage now began to show small red spots of blood. But it didn't matter to you at all.

Your mind was completely shut to the pain being caused and was rather visiting the past, the period of 7 years ago that you wished wouldn't have happened. The day that was the start of downfall, start of the tragedies that you were going to face in future.

"Eunjae? Can I come in?" You flinched at the sudden call and looked at the door, wondering if you should let him in or not.

Wiping away your tears you fixed your hair and then made your way towards the door. Taking in a deep breathe you slowly unlocked the door and pulled it open to face Namjoon, who was standing there so confidently with his hands in his pockets. He looked at you and for a minute he remained silent, as if studying you through his eyes.

"You okay?" He asked

"Yeah. Why? Did something happen?"

"Eunjae it seems like you cried and– WHAT THE FUCK!" His eyes lingered on your hand and that's when you realised that maybe not opening the door would have been the best option. Taking your hand into his, he faced you again and looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

And you? Your mind was trying it's best to find an believable excuse but all that you thought was about them. You tried to speak, moving your lips in order to form words, but nothing came out. You just looked more dumb standing there in front of him.

"I'm asking something Eunjae! Why the hell are your hands bleeding?" His voice was so stern that for a second you thought that he never even changed, that to start with it Namjoon hasn't been anything but cold to you too.

'STOP IT! You know he loves you.' something inside you shouted and that's when you came out of your 'negative' thinking phase. He cares for you or else he wouldn't have stayed up with you when you had a nightmare or asked you to drop you off at your campus. He is the one who would tuck you into beds whenever you would fall asleep while watching a movies. How could you say he never changed? He literally went from killing you to killing the one who dared to hurt you.