Chapter 4 : Blank Eyes

•13 May 2021•

"We told you we don't need a sister. We don't need another burden." You heard the husky baritone, the words giving you a sharp pain in your hear. You weren't expecting any of them to say this.

They don't need you. What are you even doing here? No one needs you. You're just a burden. Biting your lower lip in order to control the emotions that were trying to explode, you gave all your attention to the floor.

"Taehyung! Mind your words. We already talked about it." The middle aged man, who was your adoptive-dad now, yelled at the perm haired guy.

"Bo we didn't dad. You ordered us to keep her and take proper care of this unknown girl." The younger man too raised his voice, his eyes pitch black showing no emotions.

"Taehyung-ah, let's not create a scene. Calm down." This time the voice came from the man with wide shoulders who was sitting beside you.
"But hyung-"

"Taehyung! It's decided. Everyone introduce yourselves." The grey hair man whom you met at door said and turned towards you. "Hi. I'm Namjoon. The middle brother."

First time after the whole sister conversation started, you lifted your head up and looked into the almond shaped eyes. No emotion, they were completely blank just like that of Taehyung. He was the same guy who opened the door for you.

"I'm Jin. The eldest. Nice to meet you young lady." You turned to your left to meet the 'wide shoulder guy' who was flashing you a small smile, and eyes showing the sincerity of his greetings.

"The one who prepared the lunch." You thought to yourself. You remember, the words of the other boy from the door.

"Let me introduce everyone else." He stood up from the couch and moved towards the center of the living room. "He's Yoongi, second eldest." His fingers pointed towards the pale skin man. Next he pointed towards the ebony haired man and introduced him as Hoseok.

He turned to the couch opposite to yours and started introducing the men sitting there. The guy with the squishy yet muscular face was named Jimin who passed you a smile making his eyes turn into crescent shape. But something in his smile seemed so cute yet really dangerous as if shouting 'Be aware'.

And the perm haired guy who almost made you cry a while ago was Taehyung, which you already guessed before the introduction. He was still looking at you with deep eyes as if he's ready to kill you with only his dagger like eyes.

"So Eunjae, I hope you are aware of our names now. Let's have the lunch before it's completely cold." Jin said once the introductions were finished.

"You guys can carry on, me and your father have to leave." Mrs Kim said in her casual soft voice and then came towards your now standing figure. Standing in front of you she held your hands so lightly as if they'll break if applied force. "I know it must be new to you dear, but I hope you'll get used to your new family really quick. They aren't bad, just the circumstances are." She stepped a little forward and pecked your forehead with her plushy lips in a motherly manner. It's been so long since you experienced these affectionate skinships. "Take care of my boys as well as yourself. You're my daughter now, as important as my sons."

You can't help but pull a smile at her words. There is still someone who adores you even if it's been only a few days since you met them. There is someone who refers you as their daughter. There is still someone who'll love and care for you just like your parents did.

"I'm sure the boys will take care of you at any cost." Mr Kim appeared beside you and took your body into a side hug. You smiled and nodded, though you still have doubts if the 7 young men like you or not but Mr Kim's words somehow assured you to force the negative thoughts away.