Chapter 56 : Words from Past

•02 August 2021•
Monday

Her gaze remained fixed on the hallway, her mind revisiting the moments from a few minutes ago and her lips attempting to call out for the man who just left but her vocal box denying it. Multitasking is what she was doing right now, her senses not in coordination with each other as every single one of them did what the felt was important.

This isn't how she imagined everything to be.

A hand on her shoulder made her shift her attention to the boy standing besides her, his lips turned into an completely unusual frown. She managed to pull a small smile on her face, unable to witness the always happy boy looking all gloomy.

But he wasn't a fool, right? Anyone could tell how she was holding back her tears, how her lips pressed into a thin smile were quivering. Not to forget the glossing eyes that looked back at them, a proof that the dam would break any moment.

"Can I... Can I go to my room for a few moments?" Her voice cracked by the time she finished her request and before any of them could ask her something, she left, her steps fast as if staying here for one more moment would be a sin.

Were they supposed to run after her? Yes. Would they be able to compose themselves once they see her break apart? No. But do they want to? A million times yes. Yet they stayed in the living room, eyes following her figure as she climbed the stairs and then disappeared into the upper hall.

"I'm sorry Officer. She just need some time alone. I hope you won't mind waiting." Namjoon voiced out, his eyes still sneaking at the stairs in his vision, hoping she'll descend down and ask them to stay with her while she's hurting, ask them to help her out with her internal conflicts.

"Not at all Mr Namjoon. I can understand. Woosik told me something like this would happen. The interrogation is almost done too, the main questions have been answered." The caramel blonde guy sighed out, wanting to rush to his best friend and ask if he's okay.

He had known this would happen, he had a feeling inside him shouting that the walls Woosik built all these years would snap as soon as he'll get a news on Eunjae. He was surprised it happened this late. He never met Eunjae personally, but with all the stories Woosik told him and JO about her, he was sure of the fact that she clearly didn't deserve what she faced, none of them did.

He remembered when he first met Woosik, a 21 year old boy with blank eyes. Eyes that gave no idea of what he went through and what he actually was, a beautiful pair of cocoa brown orbs that looked nothing but dead. Woosik was famous in the special forces even before he got selected as an undercover spy. The boy who was sentenced to jail for 2 years, the boy who leaked the details of Slander to the Crime Department. It was because of him that the executives were able to trace Dong-hyun's location and arrest the man, a wanted mafia leader.

3 years. That was all it took for Woosik to become one of the the best Crime Detective in the area after being released from behind the bars. Though the achievement wasn't as big as it sounds, but considering he studied for his exams during his period behind bars was certainly worth an applaud. He didn't have a clean background as the eligibility criteria asks for, but considering his case of being involved in the mafia activities by Dong-hyun without former's consent and his contribution to the case, the legal orders were passed in his favor.

No one knew why he chose this line when he could have stayed away from all these dark things that remind him about his past. No one except those 2 people who managed to break into his ice cold walls and read his heart, who managed to learn his story and feel his pain. Woosik wanted them dead, the one's who ruined their lives, the one's who left his sister with scars she wouldn't be able to recover from.