Chapter 21 : Treat Her Well

•3 June 2021•

When you said you were hoping for a peaceful day ahead, you clearly didn't mean a boring day. Somehow dragging yourself through almost 3 hour boring lectures it was finally the lunch break. Not like you had any group of friends to make it interesting but at least you had food.

Sitting at one of the corner most table you had just one thought in your mind and that was how the hell can someone make such a good stew. You were surely gonna try it when reach back home. Home. Can you really call it one? A home is meant to be a place where you feel protected, loved.

Ignoring these depressive thoughts you once again turned your attention to the tray filled with dishes which was desperately pleading you to eat it up. However, just as you were about to taste the Kimchi, a familiar voice calling your name caught your attention causing you to annoyingly bang your chopsticks on the table and lifting your head up to meet the chocolate brown haired boy, Kim Taehyung. These boys surely had an obsession with dying their hair frequently.

"What do you want?" You asked completely unamused by the presence of the three boys. You can't forget how they made you travel by bus this morning when they could have clearly asked you to join them in their luxurious cars.

"This is not a way you talk to your brothers Eunjae. You seriously need to learn some basic manners." He said with smirk on his face as he emphasised the words brothers. Though your table caught attention in the cafeteria as the most famous trio of the campus was now standing there, it was practically impossible for anyone to make out what Taehyung said. He made sure that his voice was loud enough just for you to hear.

"Thank you for your advice Taehyung, but I think that 3 guys standing in front of me need to learn them more than I do." You spoke and once again started finishing up your lunch because no way in the hell you wanted to be late for your next lecture.

"Guys!" You heard Jimin say, his voice loud enough for everyone present in the cafeteria to hear it. From the corner of your eyes you can even see some girls drooling over how sexy his voice sounded. "We have a new admission in our campus and seems like she got a big mouth. I hope you all will treat her well."

Through the sarcasm clearly evident in his tone you were sure that it wasn't turning out to be good for you and your assumptions were made clear when you were met with your locker full of paper balls after the lunch. If they were planning to bully you then let them play their games because you were not one to back out. Though you were broken from inside but you were still strong enough to hide those scars from the world and not let them see your vulnerable side.

"Aww! They already started treating you well. Such obeying people all of them are." Jungkook chuckled behind you as he eyed your local.

"Yeah! Your obeying minions. I'm not scared of your dirty tricks and you better tell this to your brothers too." You faced him and gave your most intimidating look but you knew it had no effect on him.

"That's right. They are my brothers. So stay away from them and stop splitting us apart. It's you who's playing the dirty tricks here so you better quit or it won't be too good for you." He said as his amused face suddenly turned into a threatening and hateful one and then went away.

Sighing to yourself, you threw all the paperballs into the spare polybag you had in your locker and then continued to take out your books for your next class which turned out to be Chemistry. Mentally scolding yourself for choosing such boring subjects you made your way towards the class and somehow tried to stay awake while the teacher was discussing something about atom bonding.

"Hey isn't she the one who is rivals with Jimin?" You heard the girl sitting behind you say.

"Yeah... Not just Jimin but even Jungkook and Taehyung. Don't know what she thinks of herself."

"Lol! The world surely has alot of attention seekers. Does she even deserve to be in such a big university? She doesn't even fit with us, huh!" The same girl said once again as a feeling of dismal rose in your heart. The words of the two girls were no longer audible to you as all you can hear were your loud thoughts.

What made them say you don't deserve here? Was it your dressing sense or the way you sit, stand and walk? Do you need to shop better and one of those branded clothes?

The ringing of bell made you aware that your lecture was over so you grabbed your books and made your way out of the class, the previous mental debate still going on. You weren't even working anywhere to earn any kind of money and no way you were going to ask Jin or Yoongi or anyone else to give you some allowance. Maybe it was better to work part-time somewhere. You would be able to earn money, meet new people, make you friends and you won't be around the boys too. The only thing left now was to find a good job, maybe in a cafe or as a librarian.

You were brought out of your 'I need to find a job thoughts' by a strangely familiar voice. The voice of same person who was with you when your parents died and the same person who gave you the shoulder to cry upon but disappeared one night without a proper goodbye. The only person who came to meet you when you were in the orphanage.

"Kai... " You whispered to yourself as tears started accumulating in your eyes. Turning around on your heels you finally saw him. Huening Kai. There he was looking at you with a wide smile on his face as you ran towards him, while a tears rolled down your cheeks, and wrapped your arms around his neck hugging him so tightly fearing he would go away again.

He returned the action as he too snaked his arms around your slim waist and rested his face in the crook of your neck. You felt him bringing you more closer to him and you were sure you heard a few whimpers but you didn't mind rather let out your suppressed cries too. He was finally there with you, holding you again like he used to do all those years ago.

Parting away you once again examined his face as the tears in your eyes were not ready to stop and same was the case with him. You were standing right in front of him with your left hand in his and his right hand caressing your face. He was able to touch you finally and the mere thought was hard for him to digest. Meeting you again when he thought he lost you forever was a big bundle of happiness for him and he had no plans to let you go now.

"I missed you. So much that you can never even imagine." He breathed and took you in a hug once again not yet believing that all this was not his dream but reality.

"I'll never leave you again. I promise." He said and you knew that he meant it.

å

Dum dum dum dum
*Drumrolls*

Hello swirlies, I am back with a another chapter and new character in the book. Doesn't he look like a prince?

Who do you think Kai is to her? Make a guess and also don't forget to tell how the chapter was

VOTE AND COMMENT.

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

03/04/21