Chapter 59 : Family

•09 August 2021•
Monday

With footsteps as light as feathers he sneeked into Eunjae's room, tip toeing his way towards her bed where she slept with her hair sprawled all over her face. He resisted the urge to let out a chuckle at her state of rest and fished out his phone to click a picture for its use as an ultimate weapon of bribery in future.

She was laying over her stomach with one of her legs hanging down the bed in an uncomfortable position. The comforter was barely covering her body and was coiled up besides her. Her hair were a complete mess which Jungkook assumed would probably take a good half an hour to bring back to normal while her arms clutched the teddy close to her body.

He crouched down on the floor besides her and tucked the strands of her hair that were probably irritating her behind her ear. She stirred lightly in her sleep and let out an unconscious whine at the disturbance which made Jungkook immediately retreat his hands back. His hands found his way inside his pockets as he fetched out a silver bracelet from it, the initials KCE hanging down the center.

Kim Choi Eunjae

It took him a great while on deciding what to gift her and ten times more efforts on deciding what to write down as initials. He knew how much she loved to be called Choi Eunjae, it was a name she grew with afterall. He remembered Namjoon's words from his novel 'Yesterday's me is still me' and thought if she could really let go of her past. So he decided not to disregard it and went along with the idea of using both her last names - Kim & Choi.

"Happy Birthday Jae." The words left his lips in a whisper and he cautiously allowed his fingers to put the bracelet around her wrist without disturbing her sleep. "Please don't leave us like she did. Just... just heal us like you've been doing all this time."

He allowed his lips to plant a soft kiss at her forehead and then left the room, closing the door behind him. He doesn't want her to know he bought her a gift. He can't really start acting like everything between them is perfectly fine when it hasn't even been any more than two weeks since he apologized. He knew she needed space and time to adjust to everything and he was ready to give her that. He won't suddenly jump into her life making her think it's her who's pushing him away. If distance is what their relationship needed right now then he was okay with it as long as she remains comfortable.

He just hopes she wouldn't leave them before he gets to reduce the distance between them.

___________________________________________________________

The shop once again got filled with the sound of chimes as Hoseok pushed open the door. He had come to collect the bouquet today and despite Jimin saying he was going the same way, Hoseok chose to personally collect them. No, it wasn't because Daisy asked him to do so, definitely not. He just didn't want to pressurise Jimin, okay?

"Welcome to Sunshine's! How may I- oh!" She paused midway, a slight smirk lifting up her lips as she saw the customer. "It's the eye candy."

"I must say it's a really unique way to greet your customers Miss Daisy."

"I'm glad to hear you remember my name. Lemme bring you the bouquets." She gave him a quick handshake and then disappeared behind the door that led to the room behind reception.

Unlike that day the shop today was much more busier with customers and he found it amusing how she called him an eye candy without any care of the people in the shop. She was surely be something else.