Chapter 18 : Lie From The Past

Flashback 16 years ago
27 May 2005

The room little Jin and little Yoongi shared was silent and the only thing they both were staring at was the laptop screen which showed the video which crashed down Yoongi's whole life.

A video of baby Yoongi, maybe around an year old, running around the beach as a young couple chased the little boy while smiling lovingly at him. But the problem wasn't that, the problem was that the baby Yoongi was referring them as Mom and Dad. This could not be possible, how could he call someone else his Mom and Dad? His parents were Mr and Mrs Kim right?

As the video finished, one more video popped up on the screen. After a long silence Jin hesitantly extended his hands to the play button and tapped it. Both boys were breathing heavily and thinking of the worst scenarios.

It was a video of the same couple, but this time there was no baby Yoongi with them

"We are really sorry Soomin-ah, but we have no other choice. There is no chance of us returning back from this mission. I don't want to ask this but please could you take in Yoongi if we couldn't make it back to Korea?" The young lady said as her voice was completely filled with guilt and eyes teary. Unable to continue anymore she gestured the man beside her, maybe around 28 years of age, to continue.

"Dongsin, you know how the war situation is like, right? They would attack anytime and we won't be s-saved." Taking a deep breath the guy continued again. "I can't imagine my Yoongi being raised in an orphanage. H-he need a family. Please, don't ever tell him about us and treat him as your own son."

"I'll forever be grateful to you if you do this Dongsin and Soomin. Please, let Yoongi feel that you're his Eomma and Appa." The lady said and more tears from her droppy eyes streamed down onto her pale skin. It was clear Yoongi got his skin color and eye shape from her.

But was he ready to accept it? No. Damn no. Suddenly getting panicked he closed the laptop shut and covered his eyes with his hands. It was frustrating. Was his whole life a lie till now? The one whom he calls his parents aren't actually his parents and the one's who are his biological parents are no more? That's the only reason he's living in the Kim Mansion right?

"Y-Yoongi-ah! Maybe we can talk to dad about t-this... Th-this might not be truth." 9 year old Jin, who was now hugging Yoongi's curled figure, said but he was himself getting tensed. Was what all they just saw true?

"Yoongi-ah, let's ask him plea-"

"ASK WHAT HYUNG? THAT AM I NOT THEIR REAL SON? WE JUST SAW IT ON MOM'S LAPTOP." The 9 year old boy said bursting up at the older and pushing him off. "Wait she's isn't even my mom. She's your mother not mine."

"Don't say that Yoongi... Please let's just -"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING. JUST GO NOW." The devastated boy shouted once again as he again curled himself into a ball, crying hysterically.

Realising that there's no way to calm down the crying boy right now, Jin found it better to just leave him alone for sometime and talk to Mr and Mrs Kim about this in the meanwhile. So he left the room and rushed towards his parents room.

While the little was Jin was rushing to his parent's room, Yoongi was having all kinds of bad feelings in his brain. He wasn't their own son and this single thing was enough to make him feel that his whole life was a lie. His parents doesn't love him so they left him with Mr and Mrs Kim. They should have taken him with them wherever they were going, right? Was he so troublesome that they left him behind?