Chapter 29 : Broken Soul

DOUBLE UPDATE! Make sure you have read Chapter 28 : The Switch

•√•

Flashback 4 years ago
•2 October 2017•

'It was me. The reason Jungkook had a heart attack was me, the reason Jin hyung's health detiorated was me. Only if I wasn't like this, only if I had a control on myself then Jin hyung wouldn't have yelled at me, his blood pressure wouldn't have increased.' Sitting on his bed Taehyung allowed all the demons to empower him and poison him with the negative thoughts.

It's been little more than a week since Jungkook was discharged from the hospital but the guilt that was dwelling in Taehyung's heart wasn't ready to go away. He knew, everyone knew it was his fault. Heck! Jin even straight-forwardly blamed him that day but why aren't they talking about it now? Why are they all of a sudden behaving like nothing ever happened?

It was an understatement to say that he was frustrated with everything that was happening in his life. How come his all perfectly happy life turned into a living hell without even him realising? They were living peacefully, teasing and laughing in each other's company. What happened all of sudden to make them feel so distant despite living under the same roof ?

'It's because of you! Your mistakes are the reason they're falling apart. Only if you would have not spoken those words to Jungkook' The demons inside his head spoke again making him infuriated.

"IT WASN'T ME! I NEVER SPOKE THEM. IT WAS YOU!" He yelled clutching his hands over his ears, preventing the sounds from being hears. "Y-you made me speak them.
I-its you..." He cried unable to handle the guilt and the voice he came to hate anymore.

It wasn't him, the words, actions can never be his. Why can't his brothers understand that he would never intend to hurt them, not after knowing how much they are already suffering. It was the voices inside him that spoke instead of him, the voices that started to appear eversince his sister, his Jiyoung left. He knew he was being a burden and annoying brat by being locked up in his room all day and not having his meals, he knew he was adding to the sufferings of others but he couldn't gather the courage to face them after what he did, after he made his own brother hospitalized.

"Why did y-you leave Jiyoung-ah? W-what did we d-do to experience t-this pain..." He ran his arms through his hairs, trying hard not to let his inner demons take over him completely.

Taking deep breaths he lightly slapped his cheeks to get back to senses as he made his way downstairs. He has to face them and explain them what's happening to him, he has to tell them that he needs them to bring him out of the darkness he's falling in. But will they really help him after what he has done and said? He himself told them that he doesn't need anyone so how could he just go and ask them to help him? Shaking the thoughts away he went towards the kitchen, knowing his Jin hyung would be there.

"You know what Jin? We weren't planning to have twins after Namjoon and Hoseok, we wanted to have a single child." Mrs Kim said as she was helping Jin preparing the dinner for the boys. The words made Taehyung stop on his tracks and hide behind the wall, wanting to hear more.

"Wahh... Really? Were you disappointed when you got to know about having twins for the second time?" Jin inquired, astonished after the revelation.

"Hmm... Me and your Dad weren't really happy with the fact of taking care of 2 new borns once again. It's too much work to do." She confessed, recalling the memories from years ago. With a sad and painful smile now talking over her lips, she turned towards Jin who was completely curious for what his mother has to say next.