Chapter 23 : 7 Blind Jerks

• 4 June 2021•

Here you were sitting on your study table with books of Chemistry surrounding you. Thanks to 3 of your brothers you had to study the topic covered yesterday all by yourself and you didn't even get time to exchange numbers with Kai as he didn't come to campus today.

Thinking of him, maybe you can plan a day to hangout with him? It's been so long after all, a day won't hurt. But it would only be possible once your punishment given by Hoseok is finished, ie, 3 more days. He might not even remember that he asked you to stay at home for a whole week but you being the obedient sister would finish it.

Sister. How much you wish them to treat you like one but you know it won't ever be fulfilled. How are you so sure? Because it always happens. Your wishes and prayers are always left unanswered. They never came true, not when you prayed for your brother to come back to you all safe, not when you wished for your life to be happy and neither when you asked God to save your parents while they were lying in the ICU fighting for their lives. You sometimes doubt if you're actually a bad omen just like your Uncle and Aunt used to call you.

But you want to try. Try till you're tired, try till they finally accept you as their family. It isn't that hard, right? Maybe little efforts every now and then can help? You just have to be nice to them and slowly creep closer to their heart and break their cold ice walls.

But why? Why would you give up your dignity and self respect and still go to the one's who give you nothing but pain? Because you know the worth and value of love and because you crave for it. It doesn't matter if you get hurt in the process but you need a family by your side, someone for whom you live. You have a whole life lying ahead of you but it seems worthless without someone by your side at every step. You have hope that they'll change, that they'll love you.

Completing your homework along with Chemistry class work you made your way into the kitchen to make a bowl of raymeon. You'll start it step by step, winning their hearts one by one. From today starts the ultimate mission of your life, Mission : 7 Blind Jerks. Yes! 7 Blind jerks who can't see your innocence and your love for them.

Your first target would be the one with most supportive personality and the father-like figure. The one if front of whom the most savage member would also stay quite. The one who had a fight with you on the rooftop and has been ignoring you since then. The World Wide Handsome Kim Seokjin.

Setting the bowl on the tray, accompanied with some Cola, you walked towards the room of your first target. You saw his car entering through the gates a few hours ago so you guessed he might be in his room doing some office work. He would always come home tired from the office, go into his room to go through some important files and then come down to prepare the dinner for boys and you. He would work tirelessly and you saw it, even when he would fall sick. Maybe a bowl of Ramen will help him release his stress.

Taking a deep breath you gave light knocks on the door indicating your presence. 'Come in' you heard his stressed voice from inside. Obliging you entered the room and saw him sitting on his table with a few files scattered over it and his laptop showing some kind of PDF in front of it. His bangs were messily falling over his forehead, his face holding a frown while his fingers were continuously moving over the keyboard.

'Is it the right time to disturb him' You thought. Because looking at him you were sure that he isn't in one of his best moods or better say he wasn't at all in a good mood.

"What do you want now Eunjae?" His voice brought you out of your thoughts. It wasn't his usual caring voice rather it was cold and stressed.

"I-I brought you something to eat." Your voice came out as a squeak afraid from his stern aura which was surrounding the room. Get a hold on yourself Eunjae. Behave normal but show him your care. You repeated to yourself for the hundredth time.

"I don't need it. Now go." He said plainly and turned back to his work.

"But–"

"Eunjae can't you see that i'm busy. just leave!" He slightly raised his voice taking you off-guarf. Hmph! These boys seriously don't know how to be grateful. Maybe you were really disturbing him so you decided it was better to leave the bowl on his side table for him to eat it later and then left his room.

'Target 1 not achieved' you thought to yourself as you walked through the corridor to your room, thinking what you'll do next. You completed your remaining assignment for a while and soo you were free. Maybe you can have a small talk with Mrs Oh. You haven't been in contact with the orphanage ever since you came here. You digged your hands into your pockets in hope to get your phone but were instead of a cold surface all you felt was cloth.

'Shit. Did I drop it somewhere. Maybe Jin's room'

You once again headed for Jin's room, mentally preparing yourself to get scolded for disturbing him again. You're sure you would have kept it on the table along with the food tray. Reaching in front of his door, you were about to knock when you heard some voices from inside.

Even after knowing that what you were about to do wasn't right and can be termed as invading his privacy, but curiosity got the best of you and you leaned forward, pressing your ear again the door to hear the voices more clearly. It was familiar, the same angelic voice you wish could sing for you but the same voice that has power to hurt you. Park Jimin.

"Ahh... I was so hungry Jimin-ah. And thank you for bringing me this, I love it." You heard Jin say. You brought him food too... But he said he didn't need it. Then how can he be hungry all of a sudden? Does he hate you that much to not even accept a bowl of Ramen?

"Don't worry Hyung. And I'm sorry I disturbed you. You must be busy." Yeah he was. Or at least that's what he told you. He didn't wanted anyone to disturb him then why is he laughing and chatting with Jimin? He was too busy to even look at you when you brought him food then what happened now?

"I'm only busy for the one's I don't like Jimin, the one's whom I don't wanna talk to. I can always take some time out for you guys."

•√•

Sad enough? Well I tried my best to NOT make this chapter a emotional one cause you all complain for making you cry.

How's the story going so far? There are big revelations to be made further in the book. Some new characters will be introduced soon too. So stay Tuned by Swirlies.❤❤

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

08/04/21