Chapter 40 : Colours and Canvas

•8 July 2021•

"Eunjae?" Hoseok waited for your reply as he knocked at your door but after receiving silence in return he gently pushed the door of your bedroom. There he saw you sitting on your table scribbling words in your diary furiously as tears were continuously spilling down your eyes.

What was it about you that seeing you in this condition, watching you getting hurt by his own brothers made his heart ache? He couldn't understand how you so easily broke the walls around his heart that took years to be formed and booked a place for yourself in there. He ain't soft for anyone except his brotherr then why was it that whenever he looks at your suffering form he had to resist his urge to cry, he feels his walls falling apart?

He realised you still weren't aware of his presence in your room as all your focus was onto the feelings that you're pouring out in your diary. Taking slow steps towards you he stopped right behind you and peeked from above your shoulders into your diary, and even though he knew it wasn't right his heart and mind obliged to his curiosity.

He flinched when you suddenly closed your diary in a snap and turned around to face him, your cocoa brown eyes staring right into his almond one's. "What do you want from me now?" Your voice lacked any kind of emotion and this made his heart sink.

Your usual cheerful and silver voice was nowhere to be heard. You were no longer hugging him and telling him the stories of what happened in the classes today and how your favourite character from the novel you're currently reading died. There was no sign of happiness on your face after watching him enter your room to talk, it was blank just like a newly bought canvas.

Oh how much he wished to paint this blank white canvas with colours of happiness, strokes of enjoyment and final touches of love. He wanted to fill the canvas with all the shades he could think of, all the colours he had come across in his 24 years of life.

"Eunjae, I need to talk to you about-"

"About how you guys accidentally told me what was in your heart? You're here to give me your insincere apologies so you don't look like the bad guy and I'm sorry to say but I don't want them. I'm fed up of all these white lies Hoseok." You didn't need to say how furious you were, he could sense that from your voice and expressions.

He didn't know what else to say, how to prove her that your accusations over them aren't true, how to tell you that he's truly sorry what what happened today. He just watched as you kept her diary in the drawer and stood off the table to leave the room. He needed to stop you, just do something and explain you the storm that has been bothering him and his brothers.

Standing at the same place he saw you extending your arm towards the door handle, you held it and twisted it to your right in order to unlock it. The click of the door was heard but before you could pull it towards yourself and step out he lunged towards your direction and pulled you back while locking the door simultaneously.

"WHAT THE HELL HOSEOK! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO DO?"

"Have a talk, a proper brother-sister talk"

"You think I'm gonna fall for it again? I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm done with you. I'm more interested in listening Trump's old speeches than talk to you."

"And I'm sorry to break it to you too but none of us is stepping outside these 4 pastel walls unless we talk."
______________________________________________________

"I ruined it! I ruined all our efforts in just a snap of second. Only if I could control this shitty mouth of mine." Jimin saw as his Yoongi paced around the room, his head hanging low while his arms were clutching his navy blue locks. "I should have stopped myself from speaking nonsense."

"It's fine hyung, we all know you never meant that."

"But she doesn't Jimin! She would think that I still haven't accepted her, that I don't consider her my sister, my family." Yoongi sighed as he sat on his bed, right besides the silver haired boy. "You used to think so too?"

"Huh? Think what?" Jimin asked, brows furrowed in confusion over the question.

"That I'm not your brother. Well not by blood at least." The sad chuckle that left Yoongi's mouth was followed by an awkward silence. Hearing nothing in response, Yoongi slightly tilted his head towards his left only to see Jimin giving him a 'you got to be kidding me look'.

And just when their orbs met Yoongi realised how wrong he was right now. Obviously they'll never take him as an outsider, not when they completely said that his blood doesn't matter to them. How can he forget the day when they assured him that he might not be related to them by blood but surely by the organ that's responsible for pumping the former. They clearly told him that in their hearts no one can change the fact that he's their brother, someone who'll be ready to give up their life just to save them.

"I never thought I'll hear you say that."

And through these words Yoongi saw the disappointment that was hidden behind. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid. How can I so easily disappoint everyone?'

"Jimin, I didn't mean in a bad way. I just-"

"Did we ever show you, do our actions ever tell you that we treat you any different? Heck! I even tend to forget all about it hyung. And should I even remember it when it won't change anything between us?" Now sitting on the bed cross-legged, Jimin faced Yoongi as he took the latter's hands in his chubby one's. "Please don't ever say that again hyung. It hurts us to see that you still aren't able to forget it. It makes us feel like we can't show you that we love you regardless of everything."

"I... I just- I don't know Jimin. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. Do you think she'll forgive me?"

"Obviously Hyung, she isn't the one to stay angry for a long time. But please make sure not to say that again." Jimin pursed his lips, remembering the reaction you gave them all before leaving the room.

"We still need her to tell us what's bothering her. Her nightmares are still haunting her and I just can't see her this way, crying everynight." He felt a hand wiping off something from his cheeks and it's then that he realised his damn eyes and cheeks. Lifting his gaze he saw Yoongi giving him a sad smile, as if telling his that he's feeling the same way.

It was hard, almost impossible, for them to walk into your room at night and come face to face with your shivering form and forehead covered with droplets of sweat. They were running out of ways to comfort you during such situations but they weren't complaining. They'll wait patiently for you to trust them, they'll wait for you to come into their room and pour your heart out. And now when you revealed your parents were murdered, they had much more to find.

"I'll make sure to give her all my love hyung. I'll make sure to love her even more than Jiyoung"

•√•

How was the chapter Swirlies? A short chapter but something is better than nothing right?

VOTE. COMMENT. READ

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

04/05/21