Chapter 8 : Blue Whale

•13 July 2021•

Lonely. You felt lonely in that cold and dark room which emitted a creepy feeling. They were talking with you just a while a ago. Your parents were right in front of your eyes and you were surrounded by flower beds all around but everything suddenly vanished leaving you in this small empty room.

Scars. What was your father even talking about. And you'll heal them? Looking around the room you found no way to escape so you just sat on the floor, the cold tiles coming in contact with your legs and sending shivers throughout your body.

'We'll make you feel really good babygirl' The sudden husky voice made you flinch and look around in panic. All you found was a silhouette approaching towards you with slow steps. Out of reflex, you started crawling backwards not liking the feeling at all. But as if in a split of second he held you by your waist his face leaning in.

You struggled to get out of the grip but with your every attempt his hold was getting harsher and face leaning more towards you. Panic started rising within you, the feeling of being harassed once again making your breathes heavy. And just when his lips were about to touch yours, you heard some banging sounds and your name being called again and again. With a harsh inpact that you felt on your back,

you flung your eyes open.

A dream, it was a all a dream but you were still sweating out of fear. Your breathes were heavy too just like those in your dreams. And your eyes wet from the built up tears.

"Eunjae! I swear I'll break the door off if you don't open it" You knew the voice, it was one of the boys, but you weren't sure who. He banged once again, the action sending vibration to your back which was still in contact with the door.

You ran you hands over your face and hair to calm yourself down. Taking a deep breathe you stood up from the ground and turned around to unlock the door. Not even a second later the door flew open revealing a tensed Hoseok who was quick to hide his expressions before you see them.

"What were you doing all the time? I was calling out for you from past 10 minutes." He spoke, his voice deep and intimidating.

"S-sorry, I just slept." Your voice came out as a squeak, since the lump of fear and emotions was still stuck in your throat. Maybe this was what made hobi soften his expression.

"Eunjae? You're alright?" He said stepping towards you carefully examining your face and puffy eyes. It's now that he noticed how vulnerable you looked. Its now that he noticed the fear that was so dominant over other feelings in your eyes.

"As if you care. It doesn't matter to you all if I'm fine or not. And if you're here to satisfy your curiosity about what happened then I'm sorry your wish can't be fulfilled." You deadpanned and turned around walked towards your new closet.

But you were abruptly stopped when he gripped your bruised wrist and you let out a inaudible hiss He was holding it softly but the bruise was so painful that even a slight touch made you flinch.

"If I'm behaving nicely with you then I expect you to do the same. I just came here to check upon you." He spitted out at you, clearly not happy with your behavior.

"I was behaving nicely with you all too since the morning but I wasn't getting the same behaviour. You still want me to behave nicely?"

"They have reasons Eunjae!" He said leaving you wrist and backing away from you maintain a safe distance between the two. "You're forgiven for how rudely you just behaved with me, but I can't say the same if others see you behaving this way. You better try not to make them angry."

You scoffed at his words shaking your head in disbelief. Forgiven? Shouldn't they be the one to apologize for their actions?

"I would like to know whatever reasons they have Hoseok. I would like to know the reason as of why that rude boy you all call Taehyung keeps judging me. I would like to know why Jimin keeps looking at me like he's ready to kill me" You said your voice not at all soft or curious but rather mocking.

"That rude boy can be deadly too Eunjae if you'll keep behaving this way. And those reasons are not for you to know. I'll suggest you to keep yourself out of our lives." He looked away from you, examining the room he's standing in. "We'll do the same too. Let's not try to behave like a family cause we can't become one."

"Why can't we?" You mumbled almost in a whisper. But your voice reached Hoseok's ears making him look at you with a questioning look.

"You said something?" He asked.

'Yes I did! I asked why can't we ever be a family. Why can't you treat me like your sister. Why can't we mend in each other's business and why can't I feel loved. Why can't you all just comfort me and then ask what happened to me today? Not to satisfy your curiosity but genuinely out of concern and care.'

"It's nothing" Was all that you said, because you didn't have guts to ask what you really wanted to ask.

And he left your room, shutting the door close after him. The room was once again empty, just you and your thoughts. What an irony that even after being adopted, even after having new parents and 7 brothers, you're still lonely, all by yourself. You still find yourself as lonely as blue whale just in an unfamiliar ocean, an unfamiliar room.
________________________________________________________

"It isn't good to stay up this late. It's past midnight." The voice said making you shift your gaze from the night sky towards the door of your room.

You let out a sigh and again directed your eyes towards the sky making patterns out of the stars. It was so comforting yet so gloomy. How beautifully they were shinning in the sky, looking mesmerizing, but at the end the were all alone, surrounded by darkness. So many companions surrounding them but none of them actually with them, rather ligh years away. Just like you.

"I slept earlier. I wasn't feeling like sleeping anymore. But why are you awake?" You asked eyeing him suspiciously as he came and stood beside you, leaning his arms on the window.

"I want to talk to you." Jin said his eyes expressing various emotions.

"Just keep this talk a secret between us. The others shouldn't know."

å

Over 200 reads. Let me faint for a second.
I appreciate all those who are making an effort to read this messy storyline.
But I'm so so grateful and I lub you all❤

Bruh! My brain just gives up when I start writing the chapters of this book.

And Jungkook in the top pic. Gosh he's blue. But I seriously want the short hair Jk to come back now. Hehehe. Maybe I'm the only such person

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

25/02/21