Chapter 49 : Last Thoughts

•25 July 2021•

He ran as fast as his legs could take him, his eyes looking in all directions in a hope to get any sign of you. How the fuck is he supposed to find you when he doesn't even know which area you practice your driving at?

The driving area extended as far as his eyes could see and yellow lines were marked to divide them for being practiced by different learners. He got his driving licence from the same school and he knew how long the tracks would go, it'll clearly be difficult to search for you.

Realization hit him as he let out cries, hysterically to be specific, and clutched his locks out of frustration once again. He failed! He failed to keep you safe, he failed to behave as an older brother once again. Only if Jimin or Taehyung would have been accompanying you today then the mess wouldn't have been this big. For sure they would have known which track you practice at, they would have taken all the information before sending you off unlike him, they would never have sent you with a new instructor without making sure if he's safe or not. Look where his irresponsibility brought him today, a situation he didn't know how to escape from.

What if time won't favor him and he'll lose you without even accepting you at the first place? He cried hard at the thought while looking for you all around when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning around he saw the same black jacket guy looking at him through same dark eyes. But this wasn't Jungkook's priority today, for the first time in two months his priority was you.

"I-I need t-to find her... S-she– the c-car–"

"Calm the fuck down and listen to me for a damn second!" The guy ordered harshly cutting off Jungkook. "Me and my team will search for her. Just get out of this area before the bomb blasts."

"I WON'T LEAVE HER TO DIE HERE! I CAN'T!" This time it was Jungkook's turn to glare at the guy as he pushed the hands off his shoulder, running again in a hope to find you. He can't let the mere time in his hands to go to waste. There still isn't any blast sound and that only means you're safe, you're still breathing and waiting for him to come and save you.

"We won't be responsible if this shithead dies! All of you go and search other tracks and make sure to get her out safe at any cost." He heard the guy speak but didn't bother to react.

Looking for you all around he tried his best to keep his mind blank of all the thoughts but they somehow seeped in. The thoughts he feared the most to face were now running in his head, making his anxiousness rise to different level. They were all about you, your behavior, your smile. His mind at this point was full of you and for the first time he didn't mind it.

If it were some other day he would go to his workout room and punch the shit out if the boxing bag until his hands are too tired to be lifted. This somehow distracted him from the world but what now? The same thoughts that once made him agitated and frustrated were making him cry, clenching his heart and he felt like his insides churned.

But he pushed them aside once again, this time for a different reason. He felt like he got his breathes back when he saw a red car parked at the end of the lane with its driver's door open. The parking lights were on to indicate someone's still inside and though he isn't sure if what he's thinking is right or wrong, his instincts told him that it's you.

He rushed towards the car at a speed he himself didn't know he could run at, his legs worked on his own sprinting one after another with only aim to reach the car which was soon achieved. There he saw your exhausted form sitting on the seat with her eyes fixed on the device in front of you. Tears were constantly flowing down your bloodshot eyes as if it were a never ending waterfall.