Chapter 53 : Painfully Hurt

Warning⚠ - The chapter contains mention of violence and sensitive content.

•√•

Flashback 7 years ago
•7 August 2014•
Thursday

Laying flat on her stomach she saw her brother scribble some notes into his notebook. Eunjae was currently in her brother's room, lazing out as usual while the hardworking boy prepared for his exams.

"Woo?" She asked him, who only responded with a slight 'hmm'. "Let's go to the arcade."

The demand made the 17 year boy turn towards the girl with a look that clearly stated 'I doubt why you're still not in an asylum'. The clock clearly displayed the time as 9:37pm and he wondered how can someone in their right senses think of going out at this time. Not like it was too late for arcade, but considering they were mere 12 year and 17 year old schooling kids, it was definitely not the time go out.

Not considering it necessary to reply to her demands, he once again shifted his attention to his notebook that held scribbles of events of history. However his study session didn't last anymore than 2 minutes as his sister whined out again.

"Yah! You can't even take me to the arcade? I'm not even celebrating my birthday because you have exam the next day and this is how you appreciate me?" He sighed and put his pen down, his body turning to look at her.

And once again he asked universe for the sins he must have done in his past life to get this drama queen as his sister. Her wide cocoa orbs looked at him with a sign of betrayal as her infamous crocodile tears got ready to escape any moment. The slight trembling of her chin made her look cute and if someone else were to look at her this state they would have surely thought it to be a big issue.

"Jae, it's too late."

"But we don't have school tomorrow!"

"I don't know. Go and ask Mom and-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as the girl already rushed out bare feet, her slip ons still beside the bed.

______________________________________________________________

"I swear if something happens to her I'll kill you and same goes for you Eunjae. You have to protect him too, okay?" Their mother, a lady fairly young by looks to have two children, spoke as she tied her loose black locks into a high bun.

"I know mom! You have said that enough times." The younger girl whined, eager for her mother's instructions to just end already so that the sibling duo could run to the nearby arcade.

"If I don't find you back by 10:45 then get ready to experience a house arrest for a whole month." A man in his mid 40s emerged into the kitchen, his black sweats and loose white tshirt hugging his body as a trail of water flowed down his wet hair to his chest. It was clear he just got out of shower.

"Dad let us go now. We know the rules." The 12 year old girl turned to her brother to find him already tying his laces, the night wear he had on while studying now replaced by a red hoodie. "Let's go."

With these words Eunjae jumped on the older's back, making the poor boy stumble towards and the front and fall on his knees. Oh how much he wished to be the younger one in this household and for Eunjae to be the older sibling.

"Get off you pig." He demanded with a voice more of playful than scolding and sighed in frustration when the girl only tightened her grip around his shoulders.