Chapter 22 : Responsibility

•3 June 2021•

"I'll never leave you again. I promise." He said and you knew that he meant it. You knew that now you have someone to rely on, to talk your problems with, to tell how you feel. Someone who'll make you feel loved.

"Do you know how much I missed you. Where were you all this time you phabo." You said while giving him light punches on his chest.

Saying you miss him was an understatement. He meant everything to you, your only family, your only friend after your parents died. He was the first friend you made when you shifted to Seoul 7 years ago at the age of 12, he was there to save you from your bullies in school, the one who handled you mentally after your parent's death, the only person who came to meet you in the orphanage. The one who never judged you and blamed you for your parent's death was finally with you again.

"My dad shifted his company to a different place so we had to change our houses. But I came to meet you once we shifted back to Seoul and Mrs Oh told me you were adopted by someone. She didn't even know your new address so I thought I won't be able to see you again. And you even changed your number after I left so I wasn't even able to contact you. I just saw your name in the new admission list and came rushing to find you. I'm sorry Eunjae I was -"

"It hasn't even been 2 weeks and you already got someone" The oh so familiar voice reached your ears making you turn your head towards the source.

"Oh c'mon Jungkook. We all knew she's not what she shows. I wonder how Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung will react after watching her hug a boy whom she doesn't even know properly." Taehyung said and the three of them approached to where you were standing now.

"Taehyung mind your own business." You said through your gritted teeth, annoyed by their presence at such an important moment.

"Oh! I guess you forgot Eunjae that you are our business and Jin hyung has asked us to look after you when you're here." Jimin spoke as he held your wrist and pulled you towards him making you wince when his hand came in contact with your cuts.

"YAH, YOU'RE HURTING HER." Kai's voice echoed through the corridor as he stepped towards you but was stopped by Jungkook

"That's what we want and you have no right to interfere. Whoever you are it's better if you don't meddle into our business." Jungkook said while pushing the boy making him stumble backwards. Before Kai could come to your rescue, the boys dragged you along with them and you just gestured Kai not to follow you.

It wad surprising to them that you didn't struggled to get free from their hold even once but what they didn't know was that you were fed up of revolting them. Your mind was filled up with so many different emotions that you were confused what to feel anymore. Happy, nervous, scared, anger and many more feelings were pounding inside you but you still managed to pull on a pocker face. You were an expert in it now. Showing happy when your breaking apart from inside, showing that it's all good when in actual all you want is to cry out loud.

What were they even thinking before dragging you away, accusing you when they don't even know who Kai was. Not like they cared about your whereabouts anyway, then why now? When finally you found someone to share your pain with, why do they have to pull you away? Do they enjoy watching you suffer that much? You remember how a few minutes ago Jungkook said that they want to hurt you, but why? How is it your fault that their sister left them? Why do you have to deal with their hatred and trust issues.

"Why are you doing this?" You breathed out making them hault their steps and look towards you with raised eyebrows. Lifting your face you looked towards them ready to ask the question lingering in your mind.