Chapter 43 : Sick Games

•11 July 2021•

"NEVER!" The furious maknae yelled out, throwing the gaming console that he was holding on the floor. Not caring about the device that broke into two, he continued again. "Hyung anything but this. I would never ever apologize to her."

Heaving out a stressed sigh at younger's stubbornness Namjoon picked up the destroyed console from the floor. Keeping it on the table he took a seat besides Jungkook, once again trying to knock some senses into him. He had asked Jungkook to apologize to you for his behaviour but the response from the maknae was exactly what he had expected.

"Jungkook just try and understand-"

"Exactly hyung! Try and understand that she is not what she is pretending to be, not as innocent as she seems." Jungkook whined, irritated over how his brothers could so easily forget whatever happened in the past and move on. He was furious over how his Namjoon hyung could so easily ask him to apologize to a girl whom he has come to hate from the core of his heart.

Hate

The word was an understatement to describe what feelings he had against her in his heart, too simple to express what he felt. He wanted her out of his life, their life, at a place where she can't even come back from. She's the root cause of all the problems they were facing since last few months and yet his brothers are blindly falling into her trap. Even after her making them fight, her being the reason their youngest brother was admitted in the hospital, how could they so easily accept her?

"Why are you doing this hyung?" He said facing Namjoon, trying hard not to let the dam that was holding in his tears burst open.

Every night he would be an emotional wreck, unable to understand the new path his life is taking, unable to understand how to fix everything. He didn't care if his brothers would see his tears, not like it's the first time Namjoon would see him cry. Instead he was afraid to make his brothers worry over him and his condition.

He had come to hate himself for being a burden on all of them, for being the reason they all could not speak their hearts out in front of him. Fuck his weak heart that's making him a burden and stress for his brothers, something he would never want to be.

Only he knows the amount of guilt he's carrying along with him everytime Taehyung is scolded for shouting at him, Jimin is scolded for making him go out of breathe while playing tag. He's pushed into the guilt of not being as normal as everyone else whenever he would watch Jin being stressed over his medicine and hospital schedules, whenever he would watch Yoongi give up his free time so that he could accompany Jungkook for another sick appointment.

"Look Jungkook. Everyone is not same or to frame it better, she is not like everyone else. She's different, nothing like how Jiyoung used to be. She's strong but yet she needs a family Jungkook, she needs someone to make her feel loved."

"No! No! No! She doesn't need anyone else. She'll turn out to be selfish too hyung, she'll break our trust just like Jiyoung did and I don't want that." And with that the dam burst open, the salty liquid flowing down his cheeks which were slightly puffed after having Jajangmeon in lunch. "I don't want to watch you all suffer again, hyung. It hurts, it hurts so much more that having that damn heart attack."
___________________________________________________________

•12 July 2021•

"Call me once your classes are over. I'll pick you up okay?"

"Don't worry Namjoon! I'll call a cab or something. Or I have Jungkook to drop me off." You said taking the last sip of your cold coffee and giving the said boy a wink, which obviously he ignored.