Author's Note & Book 2

Thank you to all the one's who were there in this journey with me throughout the months. It's both surprising and an honor to watch the attention and love The Hidden Tears has received from you all. Today we end this journey while standing at 53k reads and 4.5k votes.

The idea of this book wasn't brought up after any deep plotting or days of contemplating. I simply wanted to write something that revolved around the bond of 7 boys and my female protagonist without relating it with any cliché storylines. I absolutely stood against the plottings where the female lead is mentally and physically abused by others without defending herself and then easily forgives them. I wanted to bring a change to that.

It started with Eunjae being adopted instead of her mother marrying a rich businessman. Planning her backstory was something that took me alot of time to plot considering the main story at the end has to revolve around it. Making her a strong character, not in terms of how she hides her pain, rather in terms of how she handles the events in her life was my main motive.

While plotting the characters of the seven boys the only thing I kept in mind was to not to show them abusive physically. Because let's be true, no matter what one can never come in good terms with people who have physically abused you. I made them hate the entry of someone new in their lives rather than people around them. While making sure that some of them do remain cold and even rude towards the protagonist I also kept in mind how all fingers on our palm aren't the same, similarly behavior of every character can't be same.

I gave each of them their own personality and problems to deal with. While I made someone openly show their care to her and someone being afraid to show it, others were simply feared of the idea of someone breaking them apart. I tried to bring up the reasons of their behavior and how it affects their daily lives and I hope they stood valid.

In case of Taehyung I made sure to show you that he had always been the impulsive one who speaks before he thinks and it wasn't only in the case of Eunjae. He had been the same to Jin and Jungkook in the past and that's a backdrop in his personality that he needs to fix.

As I progressed with the story my motive of making it something unique changed to me writing something that gives off a lesson at some point and by the time I reached chapter 10, I got a clear idea of how I'll put forward my book.

It was to make my readers take in the feeling of how everyone around them is dealing with something either big or small and they have reasons to act the way they do. Never be quick to judge people. I wanted to break that typical stereotype of crying being a sign of weakness while showing you all how much shedding your tears could actually ease down your life. It was to tell my readers that no matter what, nothing stands above our own life so ending it is not a solution to anything.

The book also showed how the form of love you feel towards someone is not necessarily romantic or biological. The term love for me is much more deeper that extends up till respect, care and soul connection with anyone you keep close to your hearts. It can be one of your friends, a relative, a random neighbor you share your problems with.

The central idea of this book was to tell how dangerous our hidden tears, our dark thoughts can be. It was to pass the message that keeping them inside you will end up destroying your own self just like it did with the characters. It would have been better from the start if Jungkook told Eunjae his fears or if Eunjae would have come clear with the past that has been haunting her. It would never have led Taehyung to jump off his window if he would have been honest about his demons with his brothers. Namjoon would not have been suffering from being honest if he would have been transparent from the start. Neither would have Jin been dwelling in the guilt of leaving behind his best friend if he would have told her what he was going through.

One's Hidden Tears are much harmful to them than their fear of getting judged for their problems.

I hope I was able to express all these through my words and you felt somehow connected to the story. If any of you ever wants to reach me out regarding literally anything my dms are forever open.

I'll really appreciate if you all could leave your views upon the story.

Book 2 Unmasked Scars has been published for you all to add in the library

Book 2 Unmasked Scars has been published for you all to add in the library. It'll revolve around characters fighting off their fears while healing their scars. New characters will be introduced while the existing one's will form deeper and unforgettable bond. There will be love and hurt, happiness and tragedy along with new things to contemplate upon. I hope you'll be there as we'll start our journey of Unmasked Scars.

The Hidden Tears is officially signing off
Your Overtalented Author
AV
25/10/21

••√••