Chapter 26 : Hurtful Phase

•4 June 2021•

A cardiac Arrest.

That was what the nurse said before rushing down the hall from the ER room. They fucking know that it was a cardiac arrest, they don't need to hear it out loud again. They just want to know if he's safe, if their maknae is safe.

The members were all sprawled across the corridor in front of the ER where Jungkook has been since past half an hour. Half an hour. Since when did half an hour turn this long? To them each minute outside felt like an hour then why has it only been just half an hour? The air felt heavy and even a kid could tell that the members were worried but there was something else too. Something you felt.

It was hard to point out what is was but you were sure that this feeling floating in the air was something apart for worry and tension, something more like guilt? Anger?

Looking back an hour ago you weren't able to process what happened taking in note how chaotic and rushed all of it was. Sitting on the bench, a bit away from where the members were, you took a deep breathe in order to clear your mind and analyse what just happened and how fast it happened.

You clearly remember the outburst you had, Taehyung's words that pierced through your heart just like thousands of needles, you remember having that feeling of ending everything once and for all, that desire to suicide, you faintly remember Yoongi taking you into your room too and then suddenly you're in the hospital, waiting for doctors to give an update about Jungkook's health, crying for you don't even know what. Him?

So you closed your eyes, in an attempt to remember everything more precisely, more accurately and moreover in a slow pace. And then, when suddenly your mind was stable enough to focus on one thing rather than the chaos of emotions and different faint memories, came all the scenes of a while ago crashing to you

A few hours ago

You were there in your room, crying hysterically in Yoongi's strong grip, begging him to free you from his arms, from this life. You even remember him holding you more firmly after your pleadings telling you that he's there and he'll never let anyone hurt you anymore, that he'll be there to protect you from the devils that surround you in the form of his brothers. Only if he knew that you have seen who the real devils are.

But it surprisingly helped you push the dark thoughts away. It's surprising how within this one month of you staying with these boys, Yoongi has always been there to pull you towards him whenever the darkness you have come to know too well tries to consume you. He has always been there to save you from falling apart completely maybe even without him knowing.

And no matter how much your inner voices say that he doesn't mean it when he says that he'll protect, even after these demons inside you repeat that it's just the heat of the moment making him show his care and he isn't being genuine, you won't believe it, you don't want to believe it. If these all are just his reflexes then let them be, you're happy even is they are just some precautionary actions and not his genuine care because at this point anything would do.

But then suddenly, as if the universe hates to see you recovering and happy, Jimin bursted through the door of your room, panting hard with eyes red and words stammering

"Hyung! J-jung..... He- he-..... His h-heart..... Ho-ho-hospital." And as if understanding what the incoherent words coming out of Jimin's mouth meant, Yoongi was out of the room with the younger running behind him, giving you no chance to even register what happened. You don't know what got into you, maybe the worry and cries of Jimin which you have seen for the first time, the glimpse of fear you managed to catch in Yoongi's eyes or the word hospital, but something stimulated the adrenaline in your body causing you to panic and dash towards where the members must be.