Chapter 52 : Apologies

•30 July 2021•
Friday

You looked out of the window, admiring how the street lights reflected over the droplets of rain that fell down without any care of the people who rushed under the sheds. The sudden rain surely helped to drop down the temperature but you weren't too happy with it for the dense clouds hid the shimmers of the sky, making it look void without it's companions. For some reason you loved looking at those tiny beads shinning in the darkness, emitting their own light.

It was almost dinner time and once again you were afraid of the incidents that will follow once you reveal the truth to the boys. It wasn't your fault that you had trust issues. When your own uncles, the one's who promised to always support you no matter what happens, abandoned you after they got to know the truth, it was pretty understandable why you can't trust these boys whom you met no more than 3 months ago.

A shiver ran down your spine, not due to fear but the cold breeze that swished past you, and you pulled the hoodie over your head, tucking the jacket closer. Closing the window you walked towards your night stand and picked up your phone only to see someone spamming you with constant messages.

Tae's Loudspeaker

Eunjae!

Hey!

Yah! Where are you!?

I'm in a big fat problem so
you gotta help me

SOMEONE PROPOSED ME
AND I NEED YOU TO
HELP ME REJECT THEM!

YAHHHHHH!

Don't come to me later for
asking help ever!

EUNJAEEEE TT TT

I'll count till 5

5

4

3

2

1

That's it! I'll give him
your number rn and tell
that you like him so that
he won't bother me!

Have you heard something
called patience Hyunji?

Just say that you're already
taken and your bf is Tae!

Whoever the guy is won't even
look at you after that

And moreover it'll come true
someday

STOP SHIPPING ME AND
THAT DUMBHEAD!

Well the idea isn't bad so k

Tell that brother of yours
that I'm using his name
once again

Bbye love!

You chuckled at her 'problems' and fished your phone inside the pockets in your jacket. One could never predict how some strangers can turn into close friends and definitely not how some random project partners can turn into campus best friends. Just a month ago you both were nothing but project mates and now she was the last person to receive your text before you sleep and you being the first one she says good morning to.