Chapter 19 : Secret Sacrifices

•31 May 2021•

"You think he doesn't deserve being called a hyung, right? Do you even know what all he went through just to keep you safe? Do you ever realise how he's always the one to comfort you all whenever you're down?" Yoongi said as he stepped towards the members, his eyes sending daggers towards Taehyung.

"Yoongi-ah. It's late, they have their college tomorrow. Let's all sleep now." Jin said as he made his was towards the door, ready to leave. He needed to cry out so loud right now.

"No one will leave this room until I say!" Yoongi said in a threatening tone making the other members gulp. They knew that it's rare for Yoongi to cut-off what Jin says. And today was one of those days.

"Kim Taehyung! You think he hasn't done anything worth being called a hyung right? Do you know who was the one to make me stay when I got to know I was adopted. I was a complete different person for a whole damn month and only Jin hyung took care of that time. He was the one to calm me down whenever I had a nightmare. There wouldn't have been your Yoongi hyung today if it wasn't for Jin hyung. He stayed up at nights so that I won't leave the house, so that he'll be there for me whenever I would have a nightmare. You all were so young and would get angry over me for behaving so cold to you but he was the one to make you understand what really happened." Yoongi said as all members just sat there with their heads low listening to what he has to say.

They knew if someone knows Jin the best amongst them, then it is Yoongi and they were sure that he's gonna reveal things that they had never heard before and would break their hearts.

"You say that he got the position because he was the eldest right? He tried to stay in mom dad's good books because for that fucking CEO chair? Tell me how many of you knew that his dream was to become a damn chef. You all know he loves to cook, it's his passion. He dreamt of opening his own little restaurant ever since he was young." The revelation caused the boys to snap their heads towards the direction of their eldest hyung who was just looking at Yoongi with his eyes showing fear and tears. He knew that today Yoongi will reveal all the things he hid these years.

"He gave up his dream for you all. The one's who have guts to say that he doesn't deserve being called a hyung. He knew that one of us had to handle the position of CEO. It took dad his whole life to create this company and we can't just abandon it. I wanted to become a producer, Hoseok's dream still is to become a dance director. Namjoon had an interest in writing and reading books and he would roam around the house saying how he wants to write his own novel one day. Jimin! You remember how you would come into our room and ask if being a doctor is tough. You wanted to save lives of people and it became your dream. And our great Kim Taehyung. What's your dream huh? You told no one except Jimin that you want to become a model and actor but me and Jin still knew it." Yoongi turned towards Jin, who was now biting his lower lip to prevent his cries from being heard, and then again faced the chocolate haired boy.

"He saw you preparing for your secret auditions at night whenever he would come to check upon you. Why do you think he would allow you to take leaves from school and not Jungkook. Because he knew your schedule for auditions. He would cook seperate dishes for you so that your face won't get puffy during your audition. And Jungkook? We all know how good he sings. Jin hyung didn't wanted him to waste his talent so he scarified his dream. He gave up on becoming a chef so that we all can achieve our dreams and be happy." By now the boys, including Yoongi, were in tears. They never knew that their hyung whom they often take for granted did such a big thing for them without them even knowing.

And Jin? He was embarrassed. Embarrassed to hear his own sacrifices. They were meant to be hidden forever but now everyone knew it. He still remembers how his parents denied his request to make him the CEO. They too knew Jin had a dream and they can't let him give up on him just for the sake of company. They wanted each of their children to run after their dream and achieve it. But Jin wasn't ready. He can't let the years of struggles of his parents to go to waste and he knew that neither the 6 other boys would want that. It was necessary for one of them to give up their dream and he chose himself.

"H-hyung I-"

"I have more to say Kim Taehyung!" Yoongi said in his same scary and deep voice. "You said he loves only Jungkook right? How many of you know that he has a heart condition, huh? That little boy himself got to know about this 2 years ago. Mom and Dad told this thing to just me and Jin hyung. Jungkook is emotionally much more sensitive than us and we all know that but no one knows that he has to face severe pain in his heart whenever he gets to experience a tragic event. Jin hyung took care of him at nights when he'll face this." Looking at all the members one by one Yoongi continued again.

"A-and when Jiyoung l-left." He said as his voice cracked more tears streamed down his face. The topic about their sister was still so sensitive to all of them and he knew that, but it was necessary to bring it up. "Jiyoung's betrayal left all of us devastated. Taehyung and Hoseok even tried to suicide for god's sake. But he was strong. He made himself strong for you all. He would keep all his tears inside amd would let them out only at night. He would sometimes stay up at night and sit besides your beds. You know that we didn't tell mom and Dad about this right? Where did you think we got the damn money from-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH YOONGI. STOP IT NOW." Jin yelled cutting Yoongi off.

"NO IT'S NOT ENOUGH HYUNG! THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR STRUGGLES. They need to know how you worked your ass off to pay the hospital bills. You weren't the CEO at that time neither we could ask Mom and Dad for financial support. Stop being so freaking selfless hyung." Yoongi said as much more tears started making their way on his pale cheeks.

Jin was left startled when suddenly he felt Taehyung's body wrapped around him. What made his heart clench more was the wet sensation on tears which he felt on his shoulders.

"I-I'm so so s-sorry hyung... I d-didn't realize what I was speaking... I'm so sorry." The boy sobbed while hugging his hyung. Regret and guilt were the only feelings washing over him. He didn't mean those words and everyone present in the room knew that but they left his mouth nonetheless. He felt betrayed by his own brother and all he wanted at that time was to hurt Jin somehow, hurt the person who saved them from all the pains in the life. He felt miserable for raising his voice, for yelling at him, for telling him all the things he said. He felt miserable for being so selfish all his life.

"It's fine Taehyung-ah. It was my fault too." Once again his selfless hyung mode turned on. The hyung who can't see his brothers in tears.

"We never deserved a brother like you. We never saw your struggles hyung."

å

Hello Swirlies
How was the chapter? COMMENT DOWN.

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

27/03/21