Chapter 36

Jungkook POV:

I stretch my legs as I shut my laptop down and get up. I had been working for over 3 hours now, after I put jin to sleep, I came upstairs in my office to finish the last bit of the work left. I wanted to get everything over with so I can spend all day tomorrow with Jin. I was thinking about ordering food from his favorite restaurant and binge watching Netflix since jin is still not cleared to go out a lot, he is okay to be walking around the house but not outside yet. I walk downstairs towards the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water. While drinking the water, I felt the vibration of my phone in my pocket. I take it out and see the sheriffs number? Why is he calling at this time? I shrug my shoulders before picking up the call. "Hello Mr.Jeon, I apologize for calling you this late but we need you to come down to the station as soon as possible. We found a big lead regarding the fire but we need your confirmation." I sigh before saying "Sure I'll be there soon" I cut the call and run my finger through my hair. I just wanna cuddle with my baby but it feels like the whole universe is just trying to keep us away. I sigh again in frustration before walking towards our bedroom. I open the door and smile at the mesmerizing site in front of me. Jin is cutely tucked inside his blanket and he is sleeping on his side. I walk towards him and bend down to place a kiss on his forehead "I love you so much" I caress his cheeks and watch as he leans into my touch. I kiss his lips before kissing his belly, I should make something for him before leaving since we don't have any food at home and I don't want him to eat out twice in a row considering I'll order food tomorrow. I walk towards the kitchen and start making his meal. After 20 mins I send him quick text letting him know where I'm going, I stressed him out too much earlier so I'll let him sleep. I place the food on the dinning table before taking my keys and jacket and leaving.

I slump down on the chair in the sheriffs office. "It can't be.." I kept murmuring to myself. My eyes are still wide open and I can't even think properly. As soon as I had gotten to the station, the sheriff showed me video footage from a 3 days before the incident and it showed Yoongi hyung leaving a note right next to the door and upon zooming in they saw the 4 digit code that leads towards the storage room. I kept asking the officer to rewind it because I couldn't believe it! Why.....? "Mr. Jeo-" "Don't press any charges right now. I need some time to clear my head, I have a pregnant boyfriend at home who's health is at risk. I can't take this home. Please don't ask me to" I looked up begging to the officer. I watched as his eyes softened before he nods his head "Take your time, this was your restaurant, we will move at your pace" I thank him before driving straight home. I just sat in my car for what felt like ages just thinking..... why would hyung do that? Maybe there's a good reason? But what? Why didn't he find it important to tell me? He wouldn't do anything to harm me...would he? So many questions but no one to answer me. Yoongi hyung had left on a business trip to Europe last night, he's suppose to be coming back next week. I'm gonna wait until he comes back, I want to be the one to ask him why would he do that? I rub my face before stepping out of my car and walking towards the elevator. Even inside the elevator I can't stop thinking about it!!!! Should I tell jin? I'm not sure, I want to but as I mentioned before I don't wanna stress him out anymore. I unlock the door and watch jin eat the food I made. He hears me and mumbled something that I couldn't really hear and then all of a sudden he just asked me "what's wrong baby?" And that's all it took for me to need his comfort. I ask him if he could hug me and he doesn't say anything but just hugs me tightly. I hug him back inhaling his scent which always calms me down. I rub his belly before saying "it was Yoongi hyung" I watch as his eyes widen "Are you talking about the fire?" He asks holding my hand. I nod my head and he just hugs me again, a little more tighter this time if it was even possible. "I'm so sorry my love" he whispers while rubbing my back. We stay like that for a long time as I got lost in his scent "you can't be standing for so long, let's go to our room" I say before picking him up bridal style. "Thank you for always taking care of me" jin says caressing my cheeks and I just smile at him "it's definitely an honor" he smiles back before leaning into my chest. No matter how rainy some days are, we have to wait for the sun to bloom the rainbow. That's just how life works right? You can't expect everything to be going right every time! But knowing someone so close to you betraying you like this, it j-just hurts a little bit more. "Hey please don't think about it too much" jin says bringing me out of my train of thoughts. I lay him down on the bed, I lay right behind him in a spooning position. "I know my love, let's not talk about this until he's back. Can we just relax in the meantime, I really need it" I whisper the last part and I watch as jin turns facing my way. He raises his arms and I immediately put my head on his chest as he lays his back on the headboard. I feel myself calming down as his fingers run through my hair. "You're such an amazing person, don't ever forget that" he says kissing my head. I look up at him "why did you give me a chance?" He looked taken back and honestly so was I, why did I ask him that?  I watch as his flustered expression changes into one with beautiful smiles. "Well I gave you a chance simply because I couldn't live seeing you and not be with you. I had to give us a chance for my own sanity. It wasn't just my love for you but also my desire to be close to you again. I wanted to be happy like the way we use to be, I just missed everything about you. I gave you a chance because even if it hadn't worked out, I could've said to myself that I did my everything. I can't live in guilt for the rest of my life, not knowing how things would've turned if I hadn't given us a chance. I know you're stressed right now and I know you so well that I know you won't tell me because you don't wanna stress me out but I'm here okay? For anything, just know that" he says wiping my tears that had came out listening to him describe his love for me. "Thank you for giving me a chance, I'll do everything in my power to protect it! I love you" I say kissing his lips and he returns the kiss back "I love you too" I close my eyes rubbing his belly and laying on his chest.

I need to keep Jin away from Yoongi hyung