Chapter 7

Jin POV:

"It's because I love someone else" I tell him and his eyes widen. "Oh" he says releasing my hands from his grip. I don't even know why I said that, it kinda just came out when he kept asking for a reason. "I can change that" he says smiling at me. "Sorry?" I reply back in confusion. "I can change your feelings, I know you said you love someone else but you're not with that someone so I still have a chance" he says and I just stare at him. "Taehyung you-" I was cut off as jungkook walks into the locker and stares at me, it's not with anger which is what I've usually been stared down by him so far for. It's something else and before I could even comprehend anything he walks up to me. I stare at him with wide eyes as he takes my hand and walks me out with him. I look back at Taehyung who also looked as taken back as me, shit I hope he doesn't figure out about jungkook and I. I really don't want anyone from my work to know about my past. I look back at jungkook who brought me to his office, he stopped and looked back at me all while still holding my hand. It's funny how it doesn't seem uncomfortable at all, it's not like that with jungkook. It's like my body remembers him still, I tried to take my hand out of his grip but he wouldn't let me. He just held it more tighter. He pulls me towards him, my other hand lands on his chest because of the pull. "W-what are you doing?" I ask him. He continues to look at me and now it's just getting annoying. "Let me go jungkook" I say trying to remove my hand again but no luck as his grip is too strong. "Did he force himself on you?" He asks and my eyes widen at the realization that he heard our conversation. "Were you eavesdropping?" I ask him. "Answer my question seokjin" he says squeezing my wrist. "I don't have to answer anything to you" I reply back with annoyance. Who the hell does he think he is, first he insults me which by the way made me cry so much. I couldn't even control my emotions because of how hurt I felt- he made me feel like the lowest scum and now he's acting like he owns me. Not today jungkook, you can't break me anymore. His stare hardens after what I said and I can tell he's getting angry but to hell with it. I'm done with his childish acts. "Fine do whatever, that's what you're best at doing anyways" he says releasing my hand. Now it was my time to catch his wrist before he leaves, "No! You can't just blame something on me without telling me what it is, so if you wanna talk shit about me tell me what I did? What makes you think that I'm the one to blame!" I yell and I could tell he was taken back. He takes his wrist out of my grasp harshly, "I can and I will. I will always blame you for everything kim seokjin. And I don't owe you shit so stop dreaming about me explaining myself because that will never happen!" He says before leaving. I scoff before massaging the hand he held so tightly, it's all red. If he thinks he can blame me for everything then so be it, I don't need him. I was perfectly fine these last few years without him, did I hold a grudge against him? Yes, I wanted answers. I wanted an explanation, I wanted to know why he left! But looks like I might never get that so I need to move on. I will move on!

"So let me get this straight, he first insulted you and degraded you so badly- for which I would've slapped him but you're a saint so whatever- but then he acts like he cares that Taehyung kissed you! That guy needs some serious counseling hyung" Jimin says as he sips his coffee. "Tell me about it! Let's just not talk about him, just the thought of him makes me wanna punch something" I tell him while eating my cake. "Why don't you punch him instead, I still can't believe he said those words to you! I mean I can't believe I actually thought that he was the perfect guy for you back then, he's such a disappointment now!" He says looking at me. "He's not all bad I mean he did succeed in what he wanted, I always knew he could do it." I say with a smile on my face. "Hyung!!! I can't believe you're defending that jerk! He's done nothing but destroy your life and he's still trying to, why in the world would you defend that asshole" Jimin yells at me. I take a deep sigh before replying "Jimin I'm very well aware of what he did to me and what he keeps trying to do to me but I can't help myself. You know how much I loved him or still do I don't know okay" I say pulling my hair in frustration. I know I shouldn't be defending him but I truly am proud of him, I'm proud of the man he's become, well I guess not the man he is to me but in general. I feel Jimin holding my hands while saying "I know you still do, I can see it in your eyes. But hyung it's time to move on, it's been time. It's been 5 years!! Come on hyung, you can't seriously forget what he did can you?? You were depressed asf and he was the reason!" He continued to yell at me. "I didn't forget anything, I remember everything very clearly! I just need to move on okay?" I reply back. "Then why don't you give tae a chance? He's handsome and he has a job. He cares about you clearly and most importantly he will respect you. Tae is the perfect guy hyung, give him a chance before you lose that too" Jimin says as he continues to sip on his coffee. He's right, tae would be the perfect person to move on with but I don't want him to think that he's a rebound or something. I also can't force myself to like him, I think I do but not enough to let him kiss me yet. "Yeah I know, I need to get my life together"

The next day at work was probably the most awkward I've been in my life, Tae kept looking in my direction and trying to talk to me but I really didn't wanna tell him about jungkook and I just yet so I keep ignoring him. He might've figured it out now since he's not trying to talk to me anymore. I know- childish, but please understand my situation too. And then I have jungkook who didn't come today- for which I'm super thankful- but I wonder if he's alright? STOPP!!! He doesn't care about you jin, you shouldn't care about him either. I try to remind myself that I'm here to move on, not move back. I was cleaning the kitchen counter as we've closed for the day when I see namjoon walking up to me "Hey jin, Mr. jeon wants to see you" he says and I look at him in confusion "Jungkook wants to see me?" I ask pointing my index towards me. "Yup pretty sure he said your name" he says before leaving. I finish my cleaning before washing my hands and walking towards his office. Is he finally gonna fire me or what? I knock his door and hear him say come in. I walk inside his office "take a seat" he says pointing towards the chair in front of him. I sit down and look at him "Did you need something?" I ask him "I decided that my restaurant -even though might be famous- needs more advertising, so I'm having you go to a cooking show to represent my restaurant and compete" he finishes with his known smile. "You want me to compete? What show? How long? And why me?" I throw all the questions I had about this ridiculous idea of his, I know damn well he's trying to embarrass me more. He knows how much social anxiety I have and he's doing this on purpose. "It'll only be for a month and don't worry you won't be alone. It's a chef and sous chef pair competition" he says and I sigh in relief. "So Taehyung will be with me?" I question him.

"No I'll be your sous chef"