Chapter 13

Jin POV:

"Jungkooks fiancé" my eyes widen at her statement. Jungkook is engaged? When? How? Why didn't he say anything to me? Why does my chest burn right now? So many overwhelming emotions going inside my head but I still kept my smile while saying "congratulations, you two make a cute couple" before excusing myself. I lock the door as soon as I get in the restroom so nobody could come in. I scoff looking at myself in the mirror, I looked..... pathetic! How could I have let him walk all over my emotions again! Just last night he was saying all these things and kissing me just like the old days when we were together and so in love... all of that just to be reminded that he's engaged? Normally I would've cried because jungkook is.... scratch that, was the love of my life but I really don't have any tears left to cry over him. All these years I have doubted myself and asked myself the same question over and over again.... did I do something wrong? But enough is enough!! I did NOTHING wrong besides the fact that I fell in love. That was my first mistake and my second mistake was holding on to that love for so long. It's time to finally let it go, jungkook just gave me a reason to give up and I'll thank him for that some day.

I walked back outside like nothing happened so nobody would notice the storm inside my heart, I kept my smile while talking to other chefs. I looked at the couple who were also talking with other contestants, that bitch kept clinging to his arm and he looked kinda annoyed? But what do I know... I don't know him anymore anyways. His eyes found mine and it was like all the sounds fading around me... I couldn't even bring myself to disconnect the contact. So many memories.... so many emotions, I can't do this. Without any thought I turned around and left the hall, I am strong but I'm a human too. I can't just forget everything no matter how many years it has been, our love wasn't just a game for me. What happened was unfortunate but him coming back in my life- acting like he cares and then bam he's engaged! I pushed the elevator button for the nth time so I could go lay in my bed. When the elevator finally comes after what felt like centuries, I walked inside and pressed the floor I wanted to be which was far away from where I am right now. Just as in the door was closing someone's hand reopened the door , my irritation took over me as I said "excuse me couldn't you have wai-" "where do you think you're going?" His voice. I looked up to see him staring at me as he gets inside the elevator with me, "what do you care" I scoffed. "Of course I care, don't forget you're representing MY restaurant here! Stop acting like a child and start behaving like an adult" he says while glaring at me. Did he just compare me to a fucking child? I pressed the stop button to which the elevator came to a stop... jungkook was looking at me like I was some kind of idiot. "What the fuck did you just call me? If anyone it's YOU who's a child" I said pushing my finger in his chest hardly. "Look who's talking, the one who only knows how to run away!" He said smirking. If I wasn't angry before I sure as fuck was now..... "DONT FUCKING TEST ME JEON" I yelled and I could see his eyes getting darker which only meant he was getting angrier but I don't give a fuck! "I swear to god Jin stop testing me" he said while punching the elevator wall next to my head, I yelped as the light in the elevator suddenly went off. "What was that?" I said while trying to get the elevator to move but it wouldn't. "Look what you did now" I hear him say behind me before pushing me aside. I see him press all the possible buttons, "did you think I didn't try that idiot" I said folding my arms and I couldn't clearly see his face in the dark but I could feel the anger in his voice "can you just for a min shut up." Minutes went by but there was no sign of this elevator moving, I was starting to panic- I'm a claustrophobic I won't survive in here for long. "Jungkook hurry up. Please" I say to him and I could see his shoulders going rigid- must be the desperation in my voice. He turned around looking at me "you're claustrophobic! What were you thinking stopping the elevator so suddenly it must've fused something." He says while pulling his hair in frustration, my breathing was starting to be labored- like I was having difficulty breathing. "Jungkook I can't breathe" I yell shakily, "hey hey look at me" he says holding my hands, I was already starting to calm down. I looked at him "everything will be okay! Just trust me okay? I won't let anything happen to you" he says while caressing my knuckles while also helped me sooth a little bit. I nodded my head as tears started to come out of my eyes, great now I must look really pathetic, I could see how flustered he got seeing me cry. "Hey hey what's wrong? Does it hurt somewhere?" He says holding my face this time and that just made cry more. At this point I was sobbing and gasping for air, jungkook pulled me in his arm. One of his arms was rubbing my back gently while the other was wiping my tears. I buried my face in his chest, it felt so calming listening to his heartbeat. I don't know what happened next before I blacked out except.....

I can't give up!

Authors noted:

I deeply apologize for my lack of involvement with this book, don't worry I haven't forgotten about it but with school and work I've been soooooooo busy. And especially with this whole coronavirus pandemic, there's a real shortage of nurses at my work place. I've been having to do 16hrs shifts often which is super exhausting!! I hope you guys understand and I can't promise when the next update would be but I KNOW it won't be after a month 😂 I hope everyone is staying inside and is safe, praying for this world right now. I can't believe I won't be able to see the boys in April :((( but I'm happy that they are safe, as long as the boys and the armys are safe I'm happy ;)) please don't take this lightly as a health care worker and a nurse, this is very much real!!! Stay safe ❤️