Chapter 15

Jin POV:

I blush as I recall what happened this morning. I must've fainted last night and jungkook probably brought me to his room. Did he sleep next to me the whole night? Why tho? I thought he hated me. What if something happened between us? No..... that's not possible! Right..? I'm sure jungkook still hates me plus he has that fiancé of hers. My mood saddens all of a sudden remembering the part where I saw his fiancé with him at the dinner. I huff before laying back down on my bed. I don't know what to do about these feelings. I shouldn't even have them in the first place. Jungkook has been someone I loved so dearly and probably still do but what he did couldn't have been forgiven. I lost everything when he left. Did he even know what happened to me? He probably doesn't care anymore. It was ancient history I guess. I want to know why he kept saying that I betrayed him? When did I do anything.. I was loyal to him throughout our whole relationship. It was him who chose to leave me especially when I needed him the most. A small tear rolls down my cheeks remembering the hurt that came along with losing him. And then losing myself. What if he actually doesn't know? There's a high chance that he didn't know what happened? What if this whole situation was just a misunderstanding? I doubted a lot of things when we were together but never his love for me. Even a blind person could tell how much he loved me, then what exactly happened that made him leave me. I sit up recalling his words to me this morning "you're never a burden to me" that's exactly what he said. I'm not a burden to him so maybe I can ask him? What if it makes things more awkward between us. I bite down on my lips as I make up my mind to talk to him. We never got closure so maybe this will help both of us. I stand up and look in the mirror, satisfied with the way I look, I walk outside the hotel hallway and across his room. I contemplate if I should press the door Bell or if I should knock. Knocking would be better? "Excuse me, what are you doing?" I turn my head around towards the voice and see her. "Hyuna, good morning" I say flustered seeing her here. Oh no! She's probably thinking that I'm obsessed with her fiancé or something. "Why are you standing here like a deer? Do you need something? If not please move along, I'm here to see my fiancé and you know how that goes" she smirks looking me up and down. It made me feel uncomfortable and I just nod before turning my head. Just as I was about to open the door to my room, jungkooks voice stops me. "Jin, what are you doing outside?" I shut my eyes tightly, hating the situation I put myself in. I turn around smiling, "I just wanted to see if you were down to practice some recipes I came up with" he narrows his eyes at me suspiciously. There's no recipe but I had to lie so I won't seem like a stalker. "You can do that by yourself, jungkook and I are busy so go practice alone" Hyuna says while rolling her eyes. She's obviously irritated that I messed up her date. I look at jungkook who's just staring at me but not in a bad way more like he's concerned? I must be dreaming or something. His head turns towards Hyuna as he says "I'm sorry but I didn't know we had a date today. I'm busy right now with my head chef so let's reschedule later" my widens when he said head chef... is he talking about me? Omg why did I lie, I don't even have any recipe!! Hyuna scoffs before clinging to his arm, an action that makes my face frown. "But kookie I wanna spend some time with you" she says batting her eyelashes at him. Ugh I just want to punch her right now. I roll my eyes at her childish action. I watch as jungkook removes her arm from his own while saying "I said I'm busy, stop acting like a child. I'll see you later". I chuckle at his harsh words and Hyuna just glares at me. "Is it because of HIM? This FAGGOT! Are you such a slut that you're going after someone who already has a fiancé. You're just a gold digging WHORE! You probably just want his money. I hope you di.." I didn't even let her finish the sentence as I slapped her across the face harshly. "Don't EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT." I say growling, "I'm not a slut for your fiancé and I'm definitely not a gold digger like you. If you're so insecure then say it to someone else but not me. I'm here as a chef so don't ever disrespect me like that again. you got it?" I yelled as she holds her cheeks with her face looking shocked at what just happened. I look behind her where jungkook has a similar face. Yeah I'm not the same seokjin, I'm not all nice and polite anymore. Nobody gets to walk all over me, especially not this bitch. I turn around before anyone gets to say anything and lock my door. I walk towards the bathroom and splash some water on my face to help me calm down. She made me so angry and I don't regret anything I did or said. I hate girls like her, who think everyone is beneath her. I know she's just here because her father got her into the competition but I'll defeat her tomorrow. I doubt she even has any talent. Tomorrow is our first TV recording, we will be cooking our own speciality. The judges will score us various things. I'm in a dilemma, I don't know if I should go with my basic crab salad or something fancier like grilled strip steak with butter. I forget all about the fight and busy myself with tomorrow's challenge.

"Hmmmmm" I moan at the taste of my steak which melted in my mouth. I've been trying to see what kind of sauce goes the best and I've concluded that I will use something simple. I heard a knock on my door and I put my fork down before walking towards the door. I open the door and see jungkook in front of me. He's wearing just a casual grey sweatpants and black hoodie but even like that he looks incredibly hot. "Umm can I come in?" He says before clearing his throat and I stutter while saying "o-oh s-sure" he must've caught me staring at him; wow good job seokjin. People should learn from me how to embarrass themselves. "Were you cooking?" He asks as he walks towards the dinning table and looks at my plate of steak. "Yeah I was just perfecting my steak for tomorrow" I reply back to him. He hums before I see him take my fork and eat a piece from my plate. "Hey hey who said you can eat that!!" I walk towards him and snatch my plate from him. "Aren't you suppose to include your sous chef in these kind of decisions" he says folding his arm around his chest. "Well my sous chef has a bit of fiancé problem so I didn't wanna intrude" I say before walking away from him. He laughs before saying "that was well deserved slap that you gave her" I turn around narrowing my eyes at him. "Are you laughing at the fact that I slapped your fiancé?" He straightens himself before asking me to take a seat. I just do as he says, I jump on the kitchen counter. "She's not really my fiancé" he says and I watch as he looks at me "look I don't really know how to explain it to you but I know you deserve it since I kissed you first that night. I don't want it to look like I'm using you because I'm not. I have no such intentions." I blush as I remember our kiss that night. "Her father and I made a business deal for our benefit and I got stuck with her but after you went to your room, I broke our engagement." My eyes widen at his words. "What do you mean? W-why would you do that?" I ask him shocked by his honesty. "Do you not know why?" He asks walking close to where I'm sitting. I shake my head and watch as he continues to walk towards me before standing right in front of me, too close.

"It's because of you kim seokjin"