Chapter One.

_____________

Sofia Cherith awoke from her somber sleep and looked around. Her eyes were still blurred, but she recognized the room around her. It was the Hogwarts Hospital Wing. Her mind went straight to earlier that day, when she first got here.

"You must be Miss Cherith, I'm Professor Minerva McGonagall, head of the Gryffindor house." the lady with the pointy top hat smiled sweetly at Sofia. "It's very rare to have an American transfer come to Hogwarts. And right after the year starts as well,"

Sofia nodded to herself, realizing that it was going to be a tad bit awkward when she started later than all the other students.

"The American wizarding school though I heard is quite exceptional. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with the other year five's. Quite a genius bunch of students in my experience."

Sofia was nervous. No, she was out of this world anxious. She was petrified. What if people thought she was weird? Some random pedestrians in London already looked at her weirdly when she asked for tea with ice in it.

"Come with me, dear. We have to stick you somewhere until tonight when students go to the great hall for dinner."

They both started to walk down the huge corridor that was the entrance to the huge school. Sofia didn't think her mother was serious when she said that the school was a castle.

McGonagall had attempted to make small talk with Sofia as they were walking to their destination, but Sofia was too nervous for small talk.

"I can tell you're quite nervous, dear. But rest assured there's nothing to be nervous about. Do you have any questions so far?"

Sofia thought for a second. She remembered what McGonagall said when she first introduced herself, "You said that you were head of—um,— Gryffindor house? What is that?" Sofia asked with curiosity showing in her eyes.

"Oh, well Gryfinndor is one of the four houses that you stay with while you attend Hogwarts. There's Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin," Sofia noticed that the Professor's mouth curled a bit when said Slytherin. "All houses have a bit of their own history. You'll be sorted into yours later tonight during dinner. Typically, students get sorted when they first come their first year. But, your situation is a bit different. Never mind, that though. Your house is who you'll consider your family."

'Oh great, sororities basically' Sofia thought to herself.

"Sounds nice. Do I just get put into a random one?" McGonagall laughed a bit at the girl's question. "No dear. It seems like you get sorted into one by personality and what not. There's a sorting hat
and—oh you'll just see for yourself,"

Sofia nodded as McGonagall continued to lead them down the halls.

Sofia had no idea how she was supposed to navigate through this school. It seemed like the doors would change places, the hallways never ended, it would be too much for her.

Finally, they arrived to a huge room with multiple hospitals beds in it.

"This is the Hospital wing, this is where you go if you get hurt. Madam Pomfrey is the healer here, but she's out at the moment. You'll just stay here until dinner time. There's books somewhere around here if you get bored,"